Tasca injuries (1 Viewer)

Why would I entertain a thought that you started, and couldn't finish..??

If there isn't a walkout / strike / shortage / outcry for action of the people who actually perform the task... Why would it raise to a point of any action...???

Looks like alot of people being overly engaged in something that doesn't concern them...

Ya' know... There used to be THOUSANDS of people in this country that could actually put " raise a funny car body" on their resume.. Realistically, there's probably only a couple hundred that do it now in any meaningful way...

But somehow, NOW is the time to take some kind of action to save the lives of the few savvy individuals that are left - fully capable of doing it on their own , voluntarily...???

....And, apparently , the perfect people to come up with the answer, and appropriate regulatory mandate / restriction / rule / oversight / penalty for non-compliance / and phase-in for implimentation....

Is a forum of people who never have - and probably never will actually be tasked with the action .....

Huh.

I hope that you understand my lack of desire to seriously engage in entertaining the thrust of your post as being near the level of a query that demands an answer...
Then why did you wast your time with such a butt hurt answer.

I agree Eugene
Also to the guy commenting about blowing pants off.... that guy has 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 25% of his body and is having painful skin removal going on. Both crew guys were doing their jobs right. The Driver/Team owner screwed up and is trying to hide his mistake and pass the blame!!
I hear there was several cameras recording this and there is no footage being shown. I guess if you have enough $$ you can hide anything
Why would the car jump with the body already down? Im pretty sure the issue is on the body lift.

well...I'll chime in here as a guy that has actually been a part of one of these scenarios...I ran myself over with cruz's car in the final of indy in 2004..I told cruz and wes cerny the whole summer the injector opening was too small and it was gonna bite me as I was the guy that backed cruz up and lifted and lowered the body. Sure enough it bit me...got lacerations on both shins and a concussion and we lost the final to densham. I got the easy end of it as Tped did the same thing because of the same issue a year later...yeah Dickie lost his pants but more imortantly a kid named Cody who lifted Tpeds body lost some teeth and broke some ribs.
Lesson learned-trust a Pedregon at your own risk 😉
Point is whether your the driver or a lowly crew guy, we all know, or at least should, that top fuel cars are not toys, its not a game, and if youre scared stay in the stands or behind your keyboard at home.
I dont know one crew member past or present that would show up if we thought what they do is completly safe...regulating helmets or "no touch" rules is nonsense.

well...I'll chime in here as a guy that has actually been a part of one of these scenarios...I ran myself over with cruz's car in the final of indy in 2004..I told cruz and wes cerny the whole summer the injector opening was too small and it was gonna bite me as I was the guy that backed cruz up and lifted and lowered the body. Sure enough it bit me...got lacerations on both shins and a concussion and we lost the final to densham. I got the easy end of it as Tped did the same thing because of the same issue a year later...yeah Dickie lost his pants but more imortantly a kid named Cody who lifted Tpeds body lost some teeth and broke some ribs.
Point is whether your the driver or a lowly crew guy, we all know, or at least should, that top fuel cars are not toys, its not a game, and if youre scared stay in the stands or behind your keyboard at home.
I dont know one crew member past or present that would show up if we thought what they do is completly safe...regulating helmets or "no touch" rules is nonsense.

This is what I wait for....the story straight from someone involved in one.....
Sorry to see any of you guys get hurt...back then and now

I agree Eugene
Also to the guy commenting about blowing pants off.... that guy has 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 25% of his body and is having painful skin removal going on. Both crew guys were doing their jobs right. The Driver/Team owner screwed up and is trying to hide his mistake and pass the blame!!
I hear there was several cameras recording this and there is no footage being shown. I guess if you have enough $$ you can hide anything
Why would the car jump with the body already down? Im pretty sure the issue is on the body lift.
The video belongs to Ford Performance, they were the ones filming and whether they choose to share it, regardless of any accident, is purely up to them. Chances are it was for some promo or thing for SEMA later this year and not really meant for the public at large. Normally, we wouldn't share/post photos like this unless it were Ok'd by the team and/or sanctioning body, we're not hiding anything, it's just a matter of respect to those who (may) be injured and this has been my experience with every sanctioning body I've worked with. And, the body wasn't "down", it was in the process coming down after the racepaks, etc., were removed before the actual run. This was pretty routine stuff, so none of us photographers were snapping at the instant of the lurch. FTR, I was cross track at 250' and don't think I finished saying "Oh f*** before I got my camera pointed and shooting. However, if Tasca is paying people to keep this under wraps, please forward him my info so I can get in on it because camera gear ain't cheap and I've been looking to pick up an new body. And then I got a story about Haddock's GF crashing (I think it was ) Jiana Salinas' bike at testing last year I'd like to sell too...

well...I'll chime in here as a guy that has actually been a part of one of these scenarios...I ran myself over with cruz's car in the final of indy in 2004..I told cruz and wes cerny the whole summer the injector opening was too small and it was gonna bite me as I was the guy that backed cruz up and lifted and lowered the body. Sure enough it bit me...
That will teach you to complain to the driver... :)
Seriously though, glad it was not worse.

But next time, talk to the guy that does the body... ;)

So how about a rule that car must have a system to raise & lower the body w/o any crew touching it...... I'm joking. :)

Just curious what your opinion is on a rule addressing this with either a guard or the size of the opening.

Then why did you wast your time with such a butt hurt answer.
Redux.. Meh..

Weak try.. Nothing of value.. Same outcome..

I hope that you understand my lack of desire to seriously engage in entertaining the thrust of your post as being near the level of a query that demands an answer...

Peter,

Just discussing, if a mistake is made once every 15 years, considering all the Funny Cars that make runs do you see it as an epidemic?

I think that there are more pressing matters to address. I know this isn't the perfect metaphor but, If a carpenter hits his thumb and breaks it it doesn't take a new policy for the other carpenters to not hit their thumbs. All the others just automatically pay more attention.

Alan

Don't try to hypnotize me with your common sense Alan, this is outrage culture. We ban everything first, then walk back our comments later. Condor catchers mandatory on all funny cars until morale improves.

Just curious what your opinion is on a rule addressing this with either a guard or the size of the opening.

I've said it before Ill say it again...more rules make for worse racing..i knew cruzs' and cernys skill level...i wanted to race...so i deserved it...here nor there all 3 of us were or are morons...its the price you pay to do what you love...dont drive tune service or make sandwiches for something you arent ready to die for...pretty simple
..anyone can drive a keyboard or tune a broadcast...doing it is an imperfect science

Very true the most dangerous thing any of us do is drive to work everyday. Yes some of us have dangerous jobs but statistically we will die driving some where

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back