Tanner Gray/Greg Anderson (2 Viewers)

Not hiding...Anderson was at the top end watching the live feed from the NHRA tent because if Bo lost he would get to bound up the platform stairs for the Championship festivities...

Not hiding...Anderson was at the top end watching the live feed from the NHRA tent because if Bo lost he would get to bound up the platform stairs for the Championship festivities...

or be among the first to congratulate Bo. Either way, I don' think he was hiding

Does anyone remember Snake back in the70's on the rare occasion of him losing?
It wasn't pretty, I remember one time at Martin he was so pissed he drove the car back to the trailer
In his book 6 seconds to glory he states ( A good looser is a looser ).

My dad NEVER lost graciously. He was the most fierce competitor I have ever met. I asked him about that years later (for obvious reasons) after he had mellowed a great deal. He said the same thing. To him, a good loser was a loser. He would never have been considered politically correct, lol, but you always knew where he stood on things.

Tanner's right front brake caliper broke and locked up that wheel. That's why the car went right when he dropped the clutch. It basically skidded the RF all the way down the track, Shane said they figure the tire blew about 400' the it destroyed the wheel as well.

And Bob is right, TV wanted Greg down there because if Bo lost they would have the championship moment. They also held Robert down there first round in case Ron lost (which he obviously did) they could do the championship presentation at the moment and hopefully capture the raw emotion.

Alan
P.S. Anybody see Ashley's video from the pit when Capps lost? That was pretty cool.

Tanner's right front brake caliper broke and locked up that wheel. That's why the car went right when he dropped the clutch. It basically skidded the RF all the way down the track, Shane said they figure the tire blew about 400' the it destroyed the wheel as well.

And Bob is right, TV wanted Greg down there because if Bo lost they would have the championship moment. They also held Robert down there first round in case Ron lost (which he obviously did) they could do the championship presentation at the moment and hopefully capture the raw emotion.

Alan
P.S. Anybody see Ashley's video from the pit when Capps lost? That was pretty cool.

Any idea of what made Eddie's bike slow down on the top end against Andrew.

It wasn't pretty, I remember one time at Martin he was so pissed he drove the car back to the trailer

Other than both being male humans, I'm not sure there are any similarities between Snake and Tanner Gray. Snake earned the right to be moody, Tanner is just a jerk.

I remember him driving back.. That was ONE FOCUSED DUDE at that time in history.. He was two rounds ahead .. and his situational awareness was uncanny.. ...as busy as he always was in his own pits - I ALWAYS saw him walk down to watch the alcohol cars launch... ...but not all of them - just enough, until he got a feel for the line. Then, he would just turn and walk back...with a plan...

Your kid loses his mind and start kicking his car what's your thoughts.

Better yet, your daughter boyfriend......

I don't mind getting angry or losing, within reason. If you throw a temper tantrum time after time, I got no use for ya and I have to question other things about the person then

Most fathers would see the bank account and be willing to overlook quite a bit if Tanner was their daughter's boyfriend.

I also think a lot of you are forgetting that Greg Anderson's best friend is Tanner's Dad, so Greg has known Tanner for quite a while. I really doubt there is the disgust or animosity that is being projected here.

I also think a lot of you are forgetting that Greg Anderson's best friend is Tanner's Dad, so Greg has known Tanner for quite a while. I really doubt there is the disgust or animosity that is being projected here.

I agree with Chris. I watched the race again on my DVR yesterday and it appeared that Greg was just shocked after Tanner told him what happened to his car during the run, that seemed to be all it was. Greg then gave him a quick tap on the chest, like “hang in there, it happens to the best of us“, and then Greg walked away.

I guess one of my big issues with Tanner is the video of him kicking the car. As someone who worked hard for everything, the thought of somebody kicking the fender of a car I could never hope to afford just gets to me. Reminds me too much of a guy I knew who's family was worth millions and millions. He got money from a trust fund every other year and bought cars, most of which he trashed. He once took an axe to a cherry '69 SS 396 Chevelle he owned because he felt like it. So between the car kicking, starting crap with Alex Laughlin and everything else I've seen, I'm inclined to think he's a kid who simply does not know how great his life really is and therefore cannot appreciate the fact that someone who does work for a living, and probably took a lot of pride in making sure the car looks it's best has to fix the result of his tantrums. Just my opinion, and I could be wrong....

Too many 40, 50, 60 somethings commenting on a teenage something. Yes, we know, you’ve been there. You’ve learned. You’re wiser and sharing wisdom which comes with age. I get that.

But..... You’ve not been a teenager in the heat of a pro stock points battle with FOX cameras watching your every move. You, nor I, have a damn clue what this kid is experiencing.

As with those armchair quarterbacking, he’ll get wiser as he gets older.

Growing up I had plenty of times I could have acted like an a$$ but I almost never did. It had nothing to do with money or lack of but it had to do with knowing I'd get my butt kicked by my parents no matter how old I was, self respect and the way I was raised. There's no excuse for it. Not saying I was an angel or never did it but when I did I paid and paid for it.

Too many 40, 50, 60 somethings commenting on a teenage something. Yes, we know, you’ve been there. You’ve learned. You’re wiser and sharing wisdom which comes with age. I get that.

But..... You’ve not been a teenager in the heat of a pro stock points battle with FOX cameras watching your every move. You, nor I, have a damn clue what this kid is experiencing.

As with those armchair quarterbacking, he’ll get wiser as he gets older.

I'll tell you what I was experiencing when I acted like that, and that was an a$$ kicking. Yes, he's young, but he's been racing in some way, shape or form for quite a long time in other venues. Not to mention he's had more than one flare-up here, so it begs the question of what's going on (or likely, what's NOT going on) behind the scenes from a disciplinary standpoint.

Say what you want, but there's been plenty of time to get his act together. And whether he likes it or not (and maybe he doesn't care, who knows), it looks bad when he does stuff like this, especially in the eyes of many folks who would kill to do what he's afforded to do..............for free.

Sean D

Tanner kicking his car is mild compared to the tantrums I have seen at the finish line from much older drivers. This will pass just as the water bottle throwing episodes from AJ did. But I think this is getting more attention because he is a young rich kid and some fans can't handle that. Just about every rich kid out here has took a little extra heat from some of the fans. I'm just glad that the Grays are investing in a class that is not in the best shape right now.

I don't care about once, hell in the heat of battle I've done dumb stuff too. It's a repeated deal with him though. I think walking to the pits pissed off is very good. The occasional tossing water bottle, fine I get it. But kicking your car in a complete 2-year old style tantrum on top of being at least a semi-regular at throwing stuff, just makes me question a lot about him.

Chris- good point about the Shane and Greg friendship, I had forgotten about that. I couldn't tell by their body language if they were angry or what, just that Greg seemed at least puzzled by whatever Tanner had said and that it wasn't a normal exchange that we see.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back