T Mobile Cell Phones and Coverages (1 Viewer)

Chuck

Nitro Member
I currently have Sprint cell phones. I was thinking of switching to T mobile. I was wondering what every one thinks of T mobile cell phone coverage in Las Vegas area or other parts of the country. From their coverage maps its really spotty. So how is reception etc. What will 1, 2 or 3 bars give you for reception? I was thinking of getting the "T Mobile Wing phone"

Thanks

PAE

Chuck, Verizon, Had their service since 91 when it was pac cell and drop dont happen and customer service is great.

I just got back from a road trip, we started in the state of Washington and went all through Idaho part of Wyoming and about 1500 miles of zig zagging though Montana, my Sprint coverage worked great but my friends T-Mobile did not. I always tease her because here in Vancouver, Washington her T-Mobile is very spotty. I have had great luck with my Sprint coverage.

As a general thought (cuz I'm no where near LV) I know that Sprint has added a ton of towers after acquiring Nextel. Even before that....they were adding towers left and right.

I've been a customer since '99 and they told me about 5 years ago that any cell phone user should take their phone in every 3 months or so for updates.....they said they were necessary to 'update' your coverage with the new towers.....just an fyi for those of you getting spotty coverage with ANY carrier.

There are still a couple of spots on my route home that are sketchy.....but overall I've been pleased with Sprint's Customer Service, Website and coverage/service.

I have had Verizon since 1997 (back when they were Primeco!!!) and have had great success with the coverage all over Texas and everytime I go to Las Vegas. I can update my cell coverage by calling a number on my phone. Maybe you can do it that way instead of making a trip to the store.

I have Verizon and have never had a problem. For tower upgrades, I just dial
*228 then #1'

They recommend you do it at least once a month.

I have Verizon and usually have great coverage, except now I'm having issues with them because they added a line and somehow changed my plan from premium to basic or something so I wound up getting charged 200 bucks for text messaging but she's trying to take care of it.

I have had Verizon since 1997 (back when they were Primeco!!!) and have had great success with the coverage all over Texas and everytime I go to Las Vegas. I can update my cell coverage by calling a number on my phone. Maybe you can do it that way instead of making a trip to the store.

Yeah, your phone comes in loud and strong here in south central aksarben (snicker snicker)

Chuck, save yourself the headache and just get Verizon. Their coverage is much better than any of the GSM companies, which will be a big benefit when you get outside the Vegas metro area. I`ve driven from Vegas to Boise and had coverage the entire way. Take a look at any of the other wireless companies and compare coverage, hands down Verizon wins. Big deal if they don`t have the most minutes for the $$ or gimmicks like rollover minutes or favorite 5. They just work in more places.

I have Verizon and have never had a problem. For tower upgrades, I just dial
*228 then #1'

They recommend you do it at least once a month.
Not quite Jackee. *228 option 1 is to activate a new phone into service. *228 option 2 is for tower updates.

Ok I got a deal from Amazon dot Com for phone price. I got the Mogul by HTC. The first phone cost 100 bucks and the second phone cost 175 bucks. I get to stay on Sprint as I am satisfied with the service and coverages. But I have to be patient as I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks as the phone is on back order. I can wait that long as my current phone works just fine.

Thanks all for your input and help

Chuck
PAE

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back