NHRA LIVE AUDIOCAST----KEEPS DROPPING OUT??? (1 Viewer)

JC

Nitro Member
I was using the mobile app but don't have the best reception at home and listening from a cell phone is no fun so I joined NHRA to listen via the net. Friday qualifying from Brainerd seemed good but Saturday and Sunday the signal kept dropping. Is anyone else having these issues? I was so frustrated trying to listen I just shut it off and woke up early Monday and watched the race off DVR. I emailed tech support but, never recevied a reply. Granted the $69 membership includes the National Dragster but what I really enjoy is listening to three days of coverage from Sportsman to Pro.

I hope your right Mike... By the way I love hearing your voice on the audiocast!! You do a great job!

Glad somebody mentioned it.
I watch on ESPN3 and listen (more or less) simultaneously on Audiocast.
I had a really difficult time keeping Audiocast working. Eventually. lost Audiocast completely.
Oddly enough, ESPN3 picture was fine and the audio was fine when the ESPN crew (Mike, Gary etc) was talking but when Sportsmen were running (or there was an otherwise break in the action) I could not hear the tower on the ESPN3 feed (as I usually do). YMMV

While the ESPN3 coverage is absolutely awesome (and the NHRA audiocast quality is much improved over prior years), one of the things the ESPN crew could do to improve their product would be to more intentionally pick up the PA audio from the track when then are not providing their own commentary. During the sportsman runs, the audio we do here sounds almost unintentional ..... it would be great if they could get that signal a little stronger so it came through is something other than background noise.

Jay, yeah, there was something wrong with it. It was unusable on my phone. I tried it on my pc and it would work for 5 minutes, and then buffer and crash. Then do the same thing over and over. I am with you on that one. Paying that much for a membership, and you can't listen to the audiocast from your mobile gets frustrating.

Don't even get me started on the actual app.....

Thanks Jay. Guys, if you a problem with the audiocast please send me a pm on here so we can get it fixed promptly:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back