T/AD Progress (1 Viewer)

I've felt for many years that an alcohol funny car would have to rank at the top in regards to degree of difficulty to drive, and drive well. Over recent years, I would say some Pro Mod combinations could make their own argument, but other than that, I would think the alky funny would pose the strongest challenge to a driver.

When I went through Frank Hawley's A/FC school back in 1994 or so I figured it couldn't be THAT much different from my injected altered. First pass, leave at 5 grand, get to the 3' tall cone, shift the car and shut it down. The whole class flunked the first pass! Never even saw the cone! My head was plastered against the cage looking up at the roof! Frank told us about the time he had a class that no one could make it down the track. Next morning the class got together and said they think something is wrong with the car. What are the chances of not one of us being able to drive this thing? Frank said, "pretty good, these things are not easy to drive." Then they insisted HE drive the car. He said, ok. Got suited up, in the car and motored down to the finish line no sweat. Came back and they said, "sure, you can drive it..." Last time he ever did that. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back