Sunday will never be the same... (10 Viewers)

I still dream you (Kids in America)


1780490593646.png

AA/FD Sorry you've heard this before, my favorite AA/FD, I never got to see. They were gone by September of 1966. I went to my first drag race June of 1968. From Santa Monica, California "The Surfers" Skinner, Jobe & Sorokin. Tom Jobe with fingers in ears at Bakersfield
 
Faded Memories (I'm sorry "Invader Bitch")


1780922311841.png

AA/FC Found this in Drag Racing USA Magazine, the picture had no caption. I don't remember "The Invader" having a Camaro body.
Was Glen Salano and Dick Olsen still partners? Was this some other deal? Was "Mighty Mike" Van Sant or Bobby Smith (really) or
someone else in the seat?



1780923277064.png



1780926886341.png

"Invader Bitch" protecting her 1,335 drag racing hatpins
 
Last edited:
Northwest Explorer


1781698252528.png

AA/FD From Washington State it's Glen Foster in the seat. I remember seeing Glen race back in the 70s, but I don't think I ever saw this Top Fuel dragster of Bill and Claire Stammerjohan, if I did, I don't remember
 
My Generation and Learning to Fly


1782219969986.png

AA/FC From Drag Racing Proto Greats Magazine. You've heared this before, sorry. One of my favorite AA/FC when I was a kid in 1971 (12 years old) saw the car a couple of times at Seattle. From SoCal it's the "Sopwith Camel" Cuda with Gordy Swearingen in the seat
 
Don't know if there were more than one over time but the guys at Famoso Speed Shop found and restored the Durachrome Bug a couple of years ago and display it often.

 
Don't know if there were more than one over time but the guys at Famoso Speed Shop found and restored the Durachrome Bug a couple of years ago and display it often.


I was going by what racers told me, and you know as the years go by, the story gets better. I did some research. There was 2 car's.
One did crash at OCIR.



1782949380573.png


1782949417843.png


 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top