Sunday will never be the same... (9 Viewers)

Faded Photographs


1777551844606.png

AA/FC Meyer & Rogers. Not sure who is in the seat, if it's Billy Meyer or Grover Rogers. They used the same Div 4
number 415, Billy would later change to Div 4 number 420
 
If the walls could talk


1779277340382.png

AA/FC It's "Miss STP" Paula Murphy in the seat of her Duster body flopper. I had this fantastic photo hanging on my bedroom wall, who knew 50 plus years later I would be posting it on a thing called the internet (Nitromater)


Photo Extra...another bedroom wall hanger. It's 1970


1779277935017.png
 
Thanks, now I see where Valley Head Service was put on Paula Murphy's car. Dad said he always dealt with the husband. :)

Interesting that only one parachute on board but two chute packs.
 
Gino thanks, I see the Valley Head Service now too, very cool! I don't think two parachute's was mandatory back in the early 70s
 
Last edited:
Twice removed from Yesterday


1780316395106.png

AA/FC From Dubuque, Iowa it's the 1969 Ford Mustang nitro funny car of David Powers & John Riley, with Powers in the seat. 30 plus years later Powers would own a top fuel dragster. Driven by notable drivers Rod Fuller and Whit Bazemore. And oh, the short lived Windsor Dragway. Windsor, Ontario, Canada 1968-1971
 
Twice removed from Yesterday


View attachment 17568
AA/FC From Dubuque, Iowa it's the 1969 Ford Mustang nitro funny car of David Powers & John Riley, with Powers in the seat. 30 plus years later Powers would own a top fuel dragster. Driven by notable drivers Rod Fuller and Whit Bazemore. And oh, the short lived Windsor Dragway. Windsor, Ontario, Canada 1968-1971
With their earlier front engine top fuel dragster they invented the first or one of the first reversers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top