Street racing: The need for speed A&E (1 Viewer)

Let's hope not,or at least explain the true differences between the 2.I'm off to watch it now.

These are the kind of shows that make it hard on all of us legal racers.This needs to be kept out of the mainstream OR it needs to be Demonized on these shows and not glamorized!(But I do have to admit it is interesting watching)

Overall the show wasn't bad.I didn't hear A&E use drag racing in any of the descriptions.Even the Canadian police said there was a difference.(Maybe because of the new John Force show?? -hopefully not)The crash of the green Camaro happened here in Jacksonville FL., in I think 1994. Although I was NOT out where it happened at (it was at a old airport/industrial area called Imeson Park) I used to see the racing going on there before the accident happened.The big problem?? A lot of times the cops used to hang out and watch!! They were not there that day.The guy in the Camaro got 10 years probabtion,and I think lifetime driver license suspension.I don't remember if he got any jail time,but I think he did.Of course the local media jumped all over it and called it drag racing,I and the now manager of Gainesville Raceway ended up on TV telling the news media the difference between drag and street racing.One local channel(channel 4) changed the verbage,and even had race coverage from the Gatornationals to show people the difference,but Channel 12 refused,saying "it sensationalizes the story,we will call it drag racing".The bad thing is that the Florida state statute also call it "drag racing on the highway or city street",regarding verbage for writing a ticket and I contacted legislature regarding a change,and of course nobody will stick their neck (career) out to get a change of the books.

Of course the local media jumped all over it and called it drag racing,I and the now manager of Gainesville Raceway ended up on TV telling the news media the difference between drag and street racing.One local channel(channel 4) changed the verbage,and even had race coverage from the Gatornationals to show people the difference,but Channel 12 refused,saying "it sensationalizes the story,we will call it drag racing".The bad thing is that the Florida state statute also call it "drag racing on the highway or city street",regarding verbage for writing a ticket and I contacted legislature regarding a change,and of course nobody will stick their neck (career) out to get a change of the books.

Good for you and keep trying.

Kids have been racing on the street since the first two had cars. Usually the races closely resemble drag racing in that they usually start from a standstill and proceed for some fixed distance. Occasionally there is a race resembling a road race but not very often. Whether at a sanctioned track or not doesn't change the generic description.

Everyone who hasn't engaged in a street race at one time put up your hand. All you liars can now put your hands down and/or take your Alzheimer's medication.

Probably everyone racing today that is over 18 has at one time or another been in a street race (usually of the drag variety). Some, who are honest like Jim Yates, admit it.

It would be better if this didn't go on but the reality is it has, does and will in the future. It's part of the nature of being young and foolish. We need not get all self righteous about it. Part of being young and dopey is doing things that are dopey. Most survive the experience and learn to avoid such behavior.

Not self rightous here.I did both..I street raced when I got my first car,and I drag race now.There is a difference.

Street racing and this Fast and Furious movie crap outrages me!!!!!! I would say more, but what else needs to be said.

Street racing and this Fast and Furious movie crap outrages me!!!!!! I would say more, but what else needs to be said.

Heres some fuel for your fire.

"A 16-year-old boy trying to pull a "drifting" maneuver used in the movie "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" ended up rolling his Nissan Sentra and landing upright in a ditch Wednesday.

The boy, who has never had a driver’s license, was headed south on Spinnaker Boulevard and didn’t stop at the Bucklin Hill Road intersection.

Witnesses and passengers said he was driving around 30 mph, narrowly missing a UPS truck and a Dodge Durango. He then hit the ditch.

After the car stopped, three of the five teens in the car ran from the scene and were eventually caught, taken to hospitals, treated for injuries and released.

Sheriff’s deputies determined that before the crash, the driver had been practicing a sliding maneuver used in the movie on other roads. The deputies said the tactic is designed for rear-wheel-drive vehicles, which the Sentra is not.

The driver and the passenger were also taken to hospitals, treated and released. The car was impounded.

The driver was cited on suspicion of reckless driving, driving without a valid license or proof of insurance."

Briliant.. just brilliant!

Careful. You can't call it drifting. Everyone knows that drifting only happens on sanctioned drifting tracks...... Right:rolleyes:

Jay

The car was impounded.

The driver was cited on suspicion of reckless driving, driving without a valid license or proof of insurance."

Brilliant.. just brilliant!

What does Larry Morgans T shirt sat.. "You Cant Fix Stupid" :D Guess these kids are out to prove it !!

"A 16-year-old boy trying to pull a "drifting" maneuver used in the movie "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" ended up rolling his Nissan Sentra and landing upright in a ditch Wednesday.

The boy, who has never had a driver’s license, was headed south on Spinnaker Boulevard and didn’t stop at the Bucklin Hill Road intersection.

Witnesses and passengers said he was driving around 30 mph, narrowly missing a UPS truck and a Dodge Durango. He then hit the ditch.

After the car stopped, three of the five teens in the car ran from the scene and were eventually caught, taken to hospitals, treated for injuries and released.

Sheriff’s deputies determined that before the crash, the driver had been practicing a sliding maneuver used in the movie on other roads. The deputies said the tactic is designed for rear-wheel-drive vehicles, which the Sentra is not.

The driver and the passenger were also taken to hospitals, treated and released. The car was impounded.

Briliant.. just brilliant!

Hmm This Kid is REALLY STUPID!! .So he was trying to drift a FWD car???:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back