Street Racing crash kills 7 (2 Viewers)

At least CNN got it right and called it Street Racing...

The Black Car in the divider looked more like a NASCAR CoT to me and the white 4 door car looked more like a taxi cab or a police cruiser. Always made me wonder why the press doesn't car it Stock Car Racing or Sports Car Racing.

I didn't read a dang thing in that piece that said drag racing.

I feel for the families of those that were killed.

d'kid

Did post on the ABC site.

And the Problem is how AP sent it over the wire. I noticed the ABC story was based on the AP.

d'kid

Almost all of the stories I've seen are the from the AP wire. :mad:

Strange how CNN got it right just by reading the story and a quick 5 minute edit.

to quote myself: Calling Street Racing Drag Racing is like robbing a 7/11 with a baseball bat and calling it Major League Baseball.

please feel free to use that

d'kid

The reporters on these news channels do not understand what Drag Racing is and what it's all about.

Street-race crash kills 7 in crowd - CNN.com her1
I hope this link comes through, it is their explanation of what street racing is.

Three a clock in the morning, these kids and young adults should have been home in bed. Where's the parental control?

I added a thread last night called Drag Race High, a high school course about Drag Racing on Speed Channel. This class is full with boys and girls and they are leaning about Drag Racing, building a car from ground up, and where this sport takes place,* ON THE TRACK*. These kids need to be educated about auto racing rather they call it street racing or drag racing, about the dangers of participating on the public street that's design for travel from one destination to another and the race track that's designed for racing.

Remember,it's early in the year and the nice weather is ahead of us and a lot more of this is going to happen.

I am calling out to NHRA,NASCAR,CHAMP,INDY CAR to get involved NOW.

I just sent my comment over to Breitbart.com..

Hello,
I am a "drag racer" (I race on a track sanctioned for such events). I take offense when something that is actually "Illegal Street Racing" is incorrectly referred to in the press as "Drag Racing". Our sport takes countless hits when things such as this happen and they are referred to as drag racing. I have never seen a circumstance such as this referred to as "Road Racing", or "NASCAR racing on the street", so why must it always be misrepresented as "Drag Racing". There is a name for this type of activity, and it is called "Illegal Street Racing".

Thank you
Brian Smiley

I know this is a real tragedy , and nothing we say can change whats happened here. It appears from recent reports that a car was chasing the 2 cars street racing and is the cause of the accident. What's more disturbing is there were grownups with their grandchildren watching this, one man that died was 61 years old. How will we ever get across the dangers of street racing to young people when adults condone it.

MyEMBARQ™ - News

5pm cst 2/16 - intro to major stories on ABC nat. news tonite
..........'drag race disaster'

At least CNN got it right and called it Street Racing...

The Black Car in the divider looked more like a NASCAR CoT to me and the white 4 door car looked more like a taxi cab or a police cruiser. Always made me wonder why the press doesn't car it Stock Car Racing or Sports Car Racing.

I didn't read a dang thing in that piece that said drag racing.

I feel for the families of those that were killed.

d'kid

mr karl, that is THE post of the year so far! i totally agree! these kids weaving in and out on the highway with sedans are more like nascar racing, and the media continues to call it drag racing! just 3 days ago the next town over form me 3 teens were killed on a windy rural road, cars went off the road, 1 trying to pass the other, same story as heard all the time, while its very sad, the local media and papers called it drag racing, saying drag racing , not street racing or nasscar racing must be stopped. just sad.

Most news papers and such get their information from the Associated Press.

You can email the ap at:
write to [email protected] and address the request to:

Paul Colford
Director of Media Relations

Jack Stokes
Manager of Media Relations

Or you can call the AP headquarters at:
1-212-621-1500

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back