Streak? (1 Viewer)

Harry Mannback

Nitro Member
I am just wondering, Brandon and Robert both won two in a row and that got me to thinking. What is the record for race wins in a row and who owns it? If I had to guess I would say John Force based on the number of championships he has won, but that could be wrong. Anybody know?

Thanks.

Dan

I know Greg Anderson has a streak of at least four in 2006. I remember it because they were talking about it tying Bob Glidden's record if he got the 5th. I can't remember if he did or not.

Last edited:
Didn't Force win 13 races, out of 16, in 1996 or something?
I work with numbers all day, so maybe I am wrong. But, given that, wouldn't he have to have won a few in a row?

I would say it goes to Garlits or Prudhomme... Just a guess... ;) Watch it be Jeb Allen or Beck, Ormsby, WJ, Glidden, Amato, or???
Very good question however Dan... :D
A stumper... :eek: I like it... :cool:

That is amazing! When you think of all of the things that could go wrong during a run that is truly amazing.

Thanks!

Dan

NHRA media guide says: Top Fuel - Tony Schumacher 5 (2005); Funny Car - Don Prudhomme 7 (76-77); Pro Stock - Bob Glidden 9 (78-79); Pro Stock Bike - Dave Schultz 8 (94).

I don't know...this came from the Top 50 drivers of all time a couple years ago

"Glidden retired his undefeated Fairmont in favor of a Plymouth Arrow in 1979 and lost only three times all year. After finishing the 1978 season with seven straight victories, Glidden opened the 1979 season with a victory at the Winternationals and didn't lose a round until June, when a foul start in the second round of the Mile-High Nationals snapped his streak at 14 races and 50 rounds."

Maybe the 14 includes divisional races?

NHRA media guide says: Top Fuel - Tony Schumacher 5 (2005); Funny Car - Don Prudhomme 7 (76-77); Pro Stock - Bob Glidden 9 (78-79); Pro Stock Bike - Dave Schultz 8 (94).

Prudhomme's should be 75-76 (Seattle through Montreal) as he lost Indy 76 and the 77 Gators (3 wins between).

What??? Paul Page is a streaker???? LOL. When you scroll fast through the topics that's what it looked like it said. LOL. Ohhhh.... bad thoughts.... bad bad......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back