Stock, Super Stock (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
It is amazing how many cars in these two classes entered at Indy.
Stock over 150 cars it took a .97 or better to qualify 128 cars
Super Stock over 150 cars it took .66 or better to qualify 128 cars

A total of over 800 plus cars entered for Nationals.
Simply Amazing good sign for this great sport.

Me too.

Those 2 classes amaze me....and the amount of work that goes into getting those cars to perform at that level.

Wonder what Comp is going to be like

Indy is still Indy, especially to the racers that want to run Class Eliminations and chase that particular Wally.

It's a shame more people don't understand, or even try to understand, how great Class racing is and how some of the best drag racers in the country aren't in cars that go over 200mph.

I think superstock and stock numbers are down a little. A lot of older cars will not go to Indy because the factory cars taking up so much space. I can think of 10 cars in my area that did not go because of fear of not making the show after the long haul there. I think it is a good thing to have the manufactors building the Copo's, Cobra Jets, and Drag Packs but not allowing them to be hit with horsepower after running 1.20 under the index is not right. I think what is great about those cars is that every year I think they sell out and are bringing a lot of new faces to Stock and Superstock. 8 seconds stockers on 9" tire trying to run down a 14 second stocker could get pretty ugly if he or she loses it.
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=304388&Filter=30#indextop

lots of great comments here.....class is awesome, and yes, so many ultra talented drivers in these classes. there is no doubt folks don't haul to indy if their car is only a -0.80 or less player. correct me if i'm wrong but the factory cars have recently been factored better so the older cars still have a chance when racing against each other in elims. w/dial. and as already mentioned, the work put into these cars is unreal. the video posted the other day of roy hill's giant wheelstand was only a portion of this larger video of stock qualifying from the other day

how's this for results.....gus mantas in his SS/AH wins first round of hemi shootout with a 8.664, but his qualifying effort
of 8.638 was not good enough for SS elims.

Lance Peltier wrote the following,
That'll all change next year Jim. FOX national networks will feature more than 450 hours per year of NHRA programming.

Lance I hope you are right for the sake of the future of the N.H.R.A.

Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

lots of great comments here.....class is awesome, and yes, so many ultra talented drivers in these classes. there is no doubt folks don't haul to indy if their car is only a -0.80 or less player. correct me if i'm wrong but the factory cars have recently been factored better so the older cars still have a chance when racing against each other in elims. w/dial. and as already mentioned, the work put into these cars is unreal. the video posted the other day of roy hill's giant wheelstand was only a portion of this larger video of stock qualifying from the other day

Mike, you are right the factory cars have their own class(FS/A to FS/L) which was added to keep them out of their the traditional classes like A/SA. At selected races(Indy is one of them) they can run FS/X or FS/XX without the fear of getting hit with horsepower. These are the races you can really see what they can run. Other than that, they are like everyone else, protecting their index by shutting off early at 1000'. There are some that always let it run out without caring about getting hit. Most are not well liked by the racers that run that same combination and class.
If anyone cares to give me $150,000, I will get one(Mustang for a Chevy man like me), I will let you know how it drives.

Last edited:
there were only a handful of these late models @ BIR and armand you are exactly rite 'protecting their index'. one of the quicker late models @ BIR running in FS/B lost in rnd. 2 to a two seconds slower B/S.....chased and took stripe for a double breakout loss.....B/S had the better package for a win measured in thousandths of seconds.....great drivers, great racing.....same car is in F/SX rite now @ indy.

in agreement, sure would be nice to see these classes get a little TV time next year

talking about purse money on the other thread (again :rolleyes:)

Attachments

• STLOUISCLASSRACE.JPG
    STLOUISCLASSRACE.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 42
joe santangelo 633 points and jerry emmons 625 points coming into pomona.
joe goes -.006 red first round this morning. jerry wins first round with .002 r.t. , a bye in second round advancing to third round.
jerry takes green light in round 2 and is the 2021 stock elimator champion.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back