Stivers lays it on the line heading into Gainesville Pro Mod season-opener (1 Viewer)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - "This year is my year - I want to win," stated Pro Mod driver Rick Stivers. "I'm just going to put it out there from the beginning - I want to win."

Stivers, a Lexington-Ky.-based HVAC-entrepreneur and horse farmer, is coming into the season-opening Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx event at the ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville, Fla. on the team of legendary racer and engine builder Brad Anderson and is teamed with former world champion Jay Payne.

"The off-season was incredibly stressful, with the series being on-again and off-again, and I got way-too caught up in the whole deal. I almost just hung it up, but then I remembered how much I love racing, and Brad and I worked out a deal for me and Jay to race the whole season.

"Now, I'm a man on a mission," Stivers said.

Team owner and tuner Brad Anderson has said he has spent time on his in-house dyno finding more horsepower, and that the cars are definitely race-ready.

"Brad has found a lot of power over the winter on the dyno, and both Jay and I are looking to put the Brad Power to the test. If anyone can build a winning team and run winning cars, I know it's Brad, and he's overdue to get back into the winner's circle.

"Jay has won here multiple times, and like I said, I'm ready to take my turn in the winner's circle," Stivers said.

Qualifying in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx is scheduled to begin Friday with sessions at 1:30 and 4:30 p.m., and conclude at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Eliminations are scheduled begin at 4:30 Saturday evening and conclude Sunday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back