Steve Torrence (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Steve Torrence was trash talkin' about Tony Shumacher & it was kinda funny. Torrence said that Shumacher "lives in a place that ain't even Texas. He lives in Austin". And he called Shumacher a "transplanted Yankee". I know this was Torrence just fooling around, but it was funny. I have family that lives in Aggie Land, College Station, Texas, and there is a "fued" between Austin & College Station. Folks in Austin are considered very liberal while College Station is just the opposite. Austin is a nice town and so is College Station but they have a good time razzing each other. But it does kinda reflect how a lot of conservative Texans feel about Austin, so not surprised Torrence said that. Heh

Torrence comment about racing the gold digger was the shocker to me.
If he ment the gold dragster, no problem, but if he was calling her a gold digger than that was very rude. He sure seems to have it in for team Schumacher.

If he ment the gold dragster, no problem, but if he was calling her a gold digger than that was very rude. He sure seems to have it in for team Schumacher.
Didn't they call dragsters, diggers at one time?

They seem to come up with the new slang word for them all of the time, Digger, Pipe, etc. Guess trying to keep up with the X-Games or Red Bull lingo.

I didn't hear that one - pretty clever. Given that there is a "close relationship" between one of his guys and "that gal", I wouldn't get too exorcised over it.

I have a lot of family in Texas and used to live in San Antonio before I came back to God's country.
I like to tell them Texicans if the Alamo had a back door there would be no Texas. That gets them stirred up.

I see that Torrence is running a Morgan Lucas Racing chassis. Maybe Force should consider switching from a JFR chassis to MLR since Torrences' car seems to work so much better than Brittany's. I know that it would never happen, but her car is about as inconsistent as they come right now in TF, and that shouldn't be the case when the common denominator between Force and Torrence is AJ!

Yes her spouse, I think that would make for some interesting dinner conversation. Hope it does not cause family friction, has to be awkward when the boss is ragging on your wife. Fun is fun but it will get old quick.

You're overthinking it Ken. These people spend the majority of their time in and around TF cars, can that ever get old? :D

I have a lot of family in Texas and used to live in San Antonio before I came back to God's country.
I like to tell them Texicans if the Alamo had a back door there would be no Texas. That gets them stirred up.

Ted, I would never say that to my Texas fambly. They would shoot me D A I D (say that in a Texas accent). heh

Austin proper is definitely a magnet for non-Texan points of view. You don't need a Visa to enter the city limits, but many think you ought to have one to leave.

Steve is great for the sport and I'm pretty comfortable that he harbors hate for nobody, but enjoys ribbing quite a bit (and gets his fair share of ribbing for his small size). In the land of "bless his heart" or "all hat, no cattle" Steve clearly has nothing to apologize for. He seems like a fine person who understands that the sport thrives on its entertainment value.

Unfortunately we now live in a world where everything has to has some nefarious back story, rather than just a bunch of people out having fun doing what they do.

One funny thing about Texas, if you live in the area for a good while you recognize that Texans have many different accents. I think if you listen to someone talk for about 5 minutes, you have pretty good odds of placing where in Texas they grew up within roughly 100 mi.

Steve is great for the sport and I'm pretty comfortable that he harbors hate for nobody, but enjoys ribbing quite a bit (and gets his fair share of ribbing for his small size). In the land of "bless his heart" or "all hat, no cattle" Steve clearly has nothing to apologize for. He seems like a fine person who understands that the sport thrives on its entertainment value.

Unfortunately we now live in a world where everything has to have some nefarious back story, rather than just a bunch of people out having fun doing what they do.
This.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back