Starting all over..movies (1 Viewer)

Suzanne

Nitro Member
Well so much was lost with the demise of the old Mater. Could ask anyone with a title or three in their head, post all the drag racing movies they can think of here at this thread? (TV or Theatrical release) Thanks!!:)

Funny Car Summer. For those that may not know of it it follows Big Jim Dunn one summer on the tour.Seems it was released about 1970 or 1971?

"Two Lane Blacktop' which features the same '55 Chevy used in "American Grafitti."

After some legal wrangling, it was finally issued on DVD. I see in several spots that it's supposed to be out of print, but I don't think there'd be any problems getting a copy.

Edit: Here's a site devoted to Lakeland Raceway, the dragstrip that was featured in the movie.

Last edited:
American Nitro
Burnout
Funnycar Summer
Wheels of Fire

Hot rod Movies:

Vanishing Point
2 Lane Blacktop
Return to Macon County
Aloha Bobby and Rose
Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry
Gone in 60 secs.
Hollywood Knights
?????????

Funny Car Summer. For those that may not know of it it follows Big Jim Dunn one summer on the tour.Seems it was released about 1970 or 1971?

I saw that DVD listed on Amazon a few days ago for about ten bucks. Sounds interesting. Having never seen that movie, I'll definitely have to order a copy and check it out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back