Spokane Not Happening In 2021 (1 Viewer)

Thanks so much for all of your research there Jim. Moe was certainly an interesting story ! If I remember correctly Moe was also involved in the end of AHRA, the short lived ADRA, then the short lived rebirth of AHRA in '87. Those associations were never the fine tuned machine that NHRA was, but losing them, and now Spokane's track is a loss for the racers and fans. Too bad nobody else has found success there either. Like you said, at least they tried !
Your welcome Allan. I love this sport, called drag racing so much, it's fun doing the research. The stuff I posted on Spokane
and Moe as bin on the internet for years it just makes it alot easier to post the facts than post from everything I have read
and people telling me stuff that might not be true. And yes Moe was involved in the final years of the AHRA and ADRA and
so was Jim Tice JR. son of the late Jim Tice SR. AHRA President

Arrived for the 1977 AHRA World Finals early Friday morning and went to the tower to meet up with Orville and Thunderlungs. Orville had in the bottom floor of the tower where you had to walk past it to get upstairs, a 2’ square wire cage with a rattlesnake and a grey field rat in it. They were backed up in opposite corners, just looking at each other. Moe said they were still too afraid of each other to make a move. When I was back in the tower on Sunday they were still looking at each other but the grey rat had turned white from fear. Talked to Moe the next Wednesday and he said the snake had finally gotten hungry enough. Orville Moe was one of a kind and the Spokane community will miss drag racing. Not sure about the rats.

Arrived for the 1977 AHRA World Finals early Friday morning and went to the tower to meet up with Orville and Thunderlungs. Orville had in the bottom floor of the tower where you had to walk past it to get upstairs, a 2’ square wire cage with a rattlesnake and a grey field rat in it. They were backed up in opposite corners, just looking at each other. Moe said they were still too afraid of each other to make a move. When I was back in the tower on Sunday they were still looking at each other but the grey rat had turned white from fear. Talked to Moe the next Wednesday and he said the snake had finally gotten hungry enough. Orville Moe was one of a kind and the Spokane community will miss drag racing. Not sure about the rats.
I think I remember hearing about the snake LOL. But I do remember one thing for sure. Thunderlungs was doing the talking
At the 1978 AHRA World Finals, one of the best ever!...Bar None

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back