Spokane County Raceway........ (1 Viewer)

rollemup

Nitro Member
........I just heard on the evening news that Bucky Austin has not paid any money to spokane County so the Raceway is locked down. Spokane County has tried to meet with Bucky but that meeting was reschedualed for a later date, so say the news reporters. Maybe Kris Hill can fill us in more adequately.

We were up there last weekend and went to the truck races on the oval since we were in town. I'm sure they will get this problem worked out. There is going to be a learning curve out there because what may work at Woodburn may not work in Spokane as far as their regular racer and fans are concerned.

I was delighted to hear they had a great crowd at Spokane for the Divisional. I saw Bucky at the stock car race and he seemed pretty relaxed concerning the track.

This is a big surprise!

I was very impressed with the entire operation at the recent Div. 6 LODRS race.

Very efficient. Very professional...

I would make sure that you get both sides to this story before you start throwing even a pebble.

We all know from experience that the media is "always" correct and gets "all" of the facts correct before they broadcast a story:rolleyes:

Why would you spend $750,000 for a piece of concrete 660 ft. long and then not pay your rent?

Just had a LODRS with more people attending then the population of Spokane :D

This weekend they're having a funny car show with Bucky racing at the track.

Sounds awfully political to me.

Direct from Cindy Gibbs (Marketing Manager):

"Track is not in lock down. Preparing for full weekend of racing, including Cacklefest cars- Jerry Ruth, Hank Johnson, Stan Canter; Bucky and Garrett Bateman (who just won in Sacramento) are match racing.

Any questions, please call Cindy Gibbs.
562-746-1128

........I just heard on the evening news that Bucky Austin has not paid any money to spokane County so the Raceway is locked down. Spokane County has tried to meet with Bucky but that meeting was reschedualed for a later date, so say the news reporters. Maybe Kris Hill can fill us in more adequately.

You're a lot closer to Spokane than I am ... so I couldn't tell you anything you don't already know.

Knowing some of the principles in all this I'm sure there is more to this than meets the eye, or more than has been reported in the ratings driven "objective" news media.

Bucky isn't one to take any $#it from anyone, and with all the construction work that was done out there I'm sure there may be a legitimate dispute in terms of what was done, what was supposed to be done, how well it was done, and whether it was done according to the signed contract.

I did a little checking and found out the 'county is happy and up to date. I also found out a few of the people involved in the work that was done at the track may have dropped the ball and are expecting Mr. Austin to just "deal with it." All I know is, it's not a good idea to screw around with Bucky. He typically makes sure the bigger stick is firmly planted in his corner when doing business dealings.

RG

Last edited:
Is this really necessary, especially in the NHRA forum? Your suspicion of the media was clear without this kind of inflammatory debris. Keep it in the politics room, please.

Sorry. After watching Robert Gibbs getting owned by Helen Thomas in a WH press conference last night I do feel a little better, though.

RG

......well so much for the drag strip being locked down, we will be going there tomorrow(7-5-09) to see some nastalgia funny cars and dragsters.

..............we had a blast at the drag stip, Bucky was there so I'm assuming everything is allright. Now I'm not a photographer but I got some cool shots I just can't seem to figure out how to get them in the right format to upload them to photobucket to upload them to nitromater :confused::confused::mad:

Thanks for sharing the pics. As someone who was born and raised in Spokane I definitely want to see that track survive and prosper.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back