Spokane County Raceway........ (1 Viewer)

........man, this took me forever to get some pictures here, anyhoot here you go, now remember I am no photographer, but hey not bad for a rookie, I need to figure out how to make the slide show full page :eek:

Pictures by staranda - Photobucket

I thought you were going to stop and say hi. Nice shot of the car, picture 4, page 1. And the car was a Winnahhhh!!!
What a great track this is. Temps at 100F on Sat. and 97 or so on Sun, track temps above 129 and still the cars were having a problem leaving because of too much traction. Many other racetracks with those temps would have put the cars into a kerfuffle before 100 ft. One example was Gary Reinero unloading a 6.85 @ 205 mph in a AA Supercharged car out of the trailer on Saturday morning. Even Gary's beard was a twitching on that one.
One drawback was a low crowd, undoubtedly because of the long weekend, high temps, both Lakes Coeur d'Alene and Pend Oreille and rafting on the Spokane River being a target of the masses. There was some sort of scheduling problem involving one of the other groups using the facility and next year the event will be the weekend after the holiday. We all want to see this track succeed and become the premier place it could become.
Again, well run event by Jay Livingston, his crew and just a great place to go race.

One drawback was a low crowd, undoubtedly because of the long weekend, high temps, both Lakes Coeur d'Alene and Pend Oreille and rafting on the Spokane River being a target of the masses. There was some sort of scheduling problem involving one of the other groups using the facility and next year the event will be the weekend after the holiday.

And no doubt, the media reports of the track's problems didn't help...

I thought you were going to stop and say hi. Nice shot of the car, picture 4, page 1. And the car was a Winnahhhh!!!
What a great track this is. Temps at 100F on Sat. and 97 or so on Sun, track temps above 129 and still the cars were having a problem leaving because of too much traction. Many other racetracks with those temps would have put the cars into a kerfuffle before 100 ft. One example was Gary Reinero unloading a 6.85 @ 205 mph in a AA Supercharged car out of the trailer on Saturday morning. Even Gary's beard was a twitching on that one.
One drawback was a low crowd, undoubtedly because of the long weekend, high temps, both Lakes Coeur d'Alene and Pend Oreille and rafting on the Spokane River being a target of the masses. There was some sort of scheduling problem involving one of the other groups using the facility and next year the event will be the weekend after the holiday. We all want to see this track succeed and become the premier place it could become.
Again, well run event by Jay Livingston, his crew and just a great place to go race.

Hey William, I'm sorry I didn't come by and see you guys :eek: I think the heat had something to do with it, anything over 70 degree's I just can't seem to make rational decisions :D but I will see you at the end of the month at the nitro nationals.

Spokane is a night time track as far as the fans are concerned. When we were there a few years ago you couldn't find a seat after 7 PM. but during the day its pretty much a ghost town.

.......I agree Rich, we had to leave by 3:00 P.M. on Sunday, but at the end of the month for the 'nitro nationals' the evening will be the best. With that little tickle of nitro on Sunday, I can't wait until Seattle.

Hey, Steven, just checked out the pictures..Nice job! Thanks for sharing with us. What a collection of beautiful cars. Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember when Hot Rod Magazine was full of pictures of cars just like these....I'm kinda thinking Mr. Minick is correct with his sig line that says Nostalgia racing is where it's at! Just wish I had some closer to central Nebraska to go see! Thanks again for the great shots.

Hey, Steven, just checked out the pictures..Nice job! Thanks for sharing with us. What a collection of beautiful cars. Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember when Hot Rod Magazine was full of pictures of cars just like these....I'm kinda thinking Mr. Minick is correct with his sig line that says Nostalgia racing is where it's at! Just wish I had some closer to central Nebraska to go see! Thanks again for the great shots.

....hey thanks Terry, I really enjoy the nastalgia stuff :cool:

.......I agree Rich, we had to leave by 3:00 P.M. on Sunday, but at the end of the month for the 'nitro nationals' the evening will be the best. With that little tickle of nitro on Sunday, I can't wait until Seattle.

And all three days or nights, if one wishes, of the Nitro event will be under the lights.
Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. Haven't seen that happen before.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back