Sound F/X (1 Viewer)

tiny

Nitro Member
With all the recordings ESPN has of cars going down the track, why do the shows use street car sound effects? They use ESPN commentary.:confused:

With all the recordings ESPN has of cars going down the track, why do the shows use street car sound effects? They use ESPN commentary.:confused:

Yeah that's definitely pretty annoying. Maybe they do it since it sounds better to John Q Public?? Watching the sport on TV does nothing for the sound of the cars; maybe they know that and think the stupid burnout sound of a street car would be more easily related?

I would really love to get the authentic sounds of the cars, and the right cars racing in the right clip.
But if this is the greatest of my critiques, then the show must be pretty good. And it bugs me, but does not distract from what the show is.

I would bet ya most people watching the show have never been to a race. Most of them never will. If they don't have a national track close to home it's to inconvient and expensive to bother. The show producers know this so they don't care about sound authenticity.

That's why I like you all. We've been there. I see some of the same people at vegas, la and sonoma. Kinda like a family reunion at the track. And damn, I miss fremont and half moon bay.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back