some mater stats.... (1 Viewer)

glad to hear all is well in Mater land once again

hey Mr. Jannnard how much is the watch pictured as your icon that thing is way cool:D :D

glad to hear all is well in Mater land once again

hey Mr. Jannnard how much is the watch pictured as your icon that thing is way cool:D :D

I thought the same thing.... it's probably a one off made from the Unobtanium that Greg Anderson was alegedly using in his engine, specifically for Jim!! :D

I know there are still a few who are very unhappy about the change...but I guess you can't please everyone!

BINGO!!!! I say please the audience you WANT to and the others will come play or not. I think you have made the best decision you could and I think it was correct.:)

I thought the same thing.... it's probably a one off made from the Unobtanium that Greg Anderson was alegedly using in his engine, specifically for Jim!! :D

Nope, it appears to be the Oakley Time Tank and can be yours for the low low price of $1200.

http://oakley.com/o/o3675d

PS: Its good to see things progressing nicely with the site. Just need a few more of the old regulars on and it'll be fine.

Not to mention that is 1000 bucks donated to ???? is it DRAW ? Or ?

You guys have done a great job at cleaning this place out.

My hats off to all invloved. I'm sure there has been alot of late nights.

Jerrod, Jim Jannard, Shannon and the rest.

P.S.
Jim do maters get a disscount on that watch? J/k

It's a sharp looking watch Jim, but just a bit out of my league. I'll have to stick with my ten year old Swiss Army.

It's paid for too!!
:D

The results speak for themselves Jerrod. Looks like this place is rockin'!

Depends on what your defination of rockin "is" Looks to me like it's mostly the same bunch of posters that were posting on the old site,(less the people that had opposing views):rolleyes: from when we had over 6000 members.:confused:

Depends on what your defination of rockin "is" Looks to me like it's mostly the same bunch of posters that were posting on the old site,(less the people that had opposing views):rolleyes: from when we had over 6000 members.:confused:

Do you mean opposing views or disrespectful? Jerrod told me that the traffic was up 50% over the old site. So the new site has less members that are more active. I wonder how many of the 6000 members of the old site stopped posting or simply left in disgust?

Jim

Last edited:
Do you mean opposing views or disrespectful? Jerrod told me that the traffic was up 50% over the old site. So the new site has less members that are more active. I wonder how many of the 6000 members of the old site left in disgust?

Jim

As far as opposing or dispespectful, that would depend on who's defination you were using.:confused: Traffic up 50% still doesn't mean that there are more posters, just that some of the same people hitting 5-10 times a day.

As far as opposing or dispespectful, that would depend on who's defination you were using.:confused: Traffic up 50% still doesn't mean that there are more posters, just that some of the same people hitting 5-10 times a day.

So Robert... I'm curious. What was your opinion of the posting on the old site?

Jim

So Robert... I'm curious. What was your opinion of the posting on the old site?

Jim

My opinion? Not that it matters much, but I thought the "OLD MATER" was just fine about 80% of the time. If the 12 moderators had done the job they were selected to do, and not shown the favoriteism that they did, it wouldn't have needed a complete house cleaning. But they didn't an so we now have the "NEW" mater, when it is sofar been nothing but P/C at it best.:rolleyes: IMHO.:)

My opinion? Not that it matters much, but I thought the "OLD MATER" was just fine about 80% of the time. If the 12 moderators had done the job they were selected to do, and not shown the favoritism that they did, it wouldn't have needed a complete house cleaning. But they didn't an so we now have the "NEW" mater, when it is sofar been nothing but P/C at it best.:rolleyes: IMHO.:)

Permit me to submit this as "One person's opinion" at best. I was one who left in disgust from being called filthy names and treated like the red-headed step child by faceless/nameless detractors whose sole purpose was to make this site deteriorate into the mire. As many others (who have now returned to discuss drag racing) I respectfully bowed out from the rhetoric. Now I post with the confidence that I can look someone up and discuss any differences face to face in a civil manner rather than be shelled from some hidden bunker.

The fact that the site's activity is up and the number of members are down is a strong indicator that those who post, are much more willing to throw their hat in the ring and jump in on the discussions. Could it be better than that?
I'll always prefer Quality over Quantity. This new board is a perfect example of that.

I would be willing to bet that A LOT of the 6000 members from the "old" site were duplicate or even triplicate members. Changed email addys, new email addys, forgotten passwords and the like.

The stats for the "new" Mater are great. I hope people continue to sign up and validate so they can post their thoughts and opinions!

I think I am going to have to agree with Robert. The posts, hits, whatever you want to call them may be up, but the interesting discussions and differing opinions are way down.;)

Do you mean opposing views or disrespectful? Jerrod told me that the traffic was up 50% over the old site. So the new site has less members that are more active. I wonder how many of the 6000 members of the old site stopped posting or simply left in disgust?

Jim

Just as one example I didn't post nearly as much on the old site. I am pretty good at ignoring a lot of BS because I was always active on Usenet Newsgroups. However as topics would derail and the name calling began I would bail on a thread after 8 or 9 pages and just move on. Now at least the threads are largely on-topic.

I think as we get going and there are events to discuss there will be plenty of disagreements to go around. I think most just hope they are civil and not idiotic (as they typically became).

JMO

Jim
I fall into the more active than before category.
I was one who only posted a couple times on the old site. I feel that i can ask a question now with out being made to feel stupid because of lack of knowledge.
I have been away from following drag racing colsely for about 10 or 15 years & man has a lot changed!

I think it's gonna take some time, but I really like reading through serious posts, and not just a bunch of BS. As much as I liked the old format, maybe this new setup will bring back the hardcore fans, and serious racers, owners, sponsors, etc. back to the site. It was well worth my buck.

Don't get me wrong, opposing opinions was good to read, as long as it wasn't just a bunch of garbage talk. We're all treading on thin ice now, but once a major event unfolds, I look for this place to light up.

My opinion? Not that it matters much, but I thought the "OLD MATER" was just fine about 80% of the time. If the 12 moderators had done the job they were selected to do, and not shown the favoriteism that they did, it wouldn't have needed a complete house cleaning. But they didn't an so we now have the "NEW" mater, when it is sofar been nothing but P/C at it best.:rolleyes: IMHO.:)

In keeping with everyone's right to disagree, or have differing opinions... I'd point to a couple of things you just said. If it was "just fine 80% of the time", does that mean it wasn't 20% of the time? And did that 20% of "not just fine" cause industry people to leave the site or just stop posting? If the moderators stepped in and starting deleting disrespectful posts and posters, how much more drama would that have caused? It doesn't seem to me that there was any way to stop the train of disrespect as long as people could post and hide.

I have had a ton of people come up to me and thank me (they should be thanking Jerrod and Shannon) for helping make the change. And they have returned here to post.

You have returned here to post and use your real name. And you say what you mean. We all like that. Glad you are a part of this. Not everyone thinks the same way. You don't have to agree with anything. You have a viewpoint that you present here that would fly if you were standing in front of the person you are talking to or about. Disagreeing and disrespect are two completely different things. This board is now set up to allow one and not the other.

So if it feels too tame and not controversial enough... jump in. Your name is attached to your post. And so it is for all the rest of us. That alone, has changed the style of presentation. In my opinion... for the better.

Jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back