R J Mitchell (deceased) Why have we never honoured the man who designed the Spitfire? (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
On 8 June l emailed approx. 240 people (most of them l don't know), see my letter - first 2 attachments & reply from the Cabinet Office - see 3rd attachment

Below is my reply to Gary Rogers:

Dear Gary

Thank you for your letter of 9 June. Regarding R J Mitchell (deceased), it is not possible to award posthumous honours, they already exist for members of the armed forces or emergency services killed in the line of duty. Lieutenant-Colonel H Jones, for instance, who was killed in action during the Falklands War, was posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross, same as the Congressional Medal Of Honour.

Could a posthumous knighthood be awarded to R J Mitchell for designing the Supermarine Spitfire which played a great part in winning the Battle of Britain. This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain and if anyone really deserves a posthumous knighthood it's R J Mitchell.

Can you please approach Mr David Cameron and members of the Royal Family because he deserves this posthumous honour so very much.

Yours sincerely
RJ Mitchell.jpg
RJ Mitchell (2).jpg
Cabinet Office.jpg
RJ Mitchell.jpg
Cabinet Office.jpg

John Hutchinson.

NB: l'll contact Gary Rogers tomorrow about putting his email address on this forum.

You have my permission to forward this email to as many people as possible, especially people serviing in the US Armed Forces & Vets

FYI: l've suffered with Bi-Polar Disorder for 25 years.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back