Sold out Saturday at Gators (1 Viewer)

James

Nitro Member
Been to every Gators since 1990, first time Ive ever heard them announce a sell out over the PA. Pretty cool, was a packed house.

I think they've sold out before. Looking at the qualifying sessions the TF and funny cars sure seem to be struggling.

Sold out but not a very good show by the fuel cars.

I have been to several tracks but never Gainesville. How far back are the bleachers from the track? Looks like they are in the next county.

I am spoiled by Bandimere Speedway. The top of their main grandstand is about the same distance back as the front row at Gainesville. The front row is very close to the track. Mush better viewing.

NASCAR comparison:

Three weeks ago, I attended my first ever NASCAR race, the Folds Of Honor/Quiktrip 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (been coming to NHRA for 44 years now).
What shocked me was just how poor the spectator attendance was. I'd say the place was two-thirds, even three-quarters empty. I knew NASCAR attendance had declined, but not by this much.
NHRA crowds, by comparison, look pretty healthy. Just need to improve the car turnout.

thumbs up to nhra. something is happening to drive more fans to the races. i would guess local market pre-race promotion has improved?

Looked like a pretty boring show, nothing but tire smoke from a ton of the fuel cars.
The fuel cars didn't have their best day, but all in all, I think the fans got to see a TON of cool racing. 200mph barrier broken in PSM, huge PM field, alky fields were very fast, 29 Factory stock cars, and TWENTY TF bikes trying to qualify. I know I wish I was there.

The fuel cars didn't have their best day, but all in all, I think the fans got to see a TON of cool racing. 200mph barrier broken in PSM, huge PM field, alky fields were very fast, 29 Factory stock cars, and TWENTY TF bikes trying to qualify. I know I wish I was there.

Careful. If you don't bash NHRA for the bodies flying off the funny cars and keep bringing up the good stuff people will think you like you actually like drag racing. :)

35 pro mods, 20 top fuel harleys, the start of PSB, and nitro is still nitro, nothing like it on the planet. I was blessed to enjoy yet another Gatornationals.

btw- Palmers pit is almost always a heavy fan presense now, and Mrs. Worm whacked the throttle TWICE on her warm ups!

Careful. If you don't bash NHRA for the bodies flying off the funny cars and keep bringing up the good stuff people will think you like you actually like drag racing. :)
Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth! (in my cowardly Lion voice :))

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back