Sellout Crowd In St. Louis ! (1 Viewer)

nice to see huge crowds at so many races this year. maple grove was packed on sunday. everyone was in a great mood . at one point while walking the pits i was watching the crowd and everyone was so engaged in what was going on. i realized how lucky we all are to enjoy our great sport.

That is such a good thing, great on track action in front of a sold out throng of fans into the action. I thought all 4 pro sessions were fun to watch and action packed. Great fans up there.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

i believe if you google search this and find non-nhra.com stories on this, the official line is 'reserved seat sellout on saturday'......what does this mean exactly?
if the place holds 15k and you sellout, then great, but if the place holds 30k and you have 20+k in the seats, then that's even greater, you just can't call it a sellout.
actual attendance figures would be great.

i believe if you google search this and find non-nhra.com stories on this, the official line is 'reserved seat sellout on saturday'......what does this mean exactly?
if the place holds 15k and you sellout, then great, but if the place holds 30k and you have 20+k in the seats, then that's even greater, you just can't call it a sellout.
actual attendance figures would be great.

Didnt look like a sellout to me

They announced the sell out on the intercom while I was sitting on the pit side reserved just north of the 330 mark on Saturday so I could see all of the spectator side seating as well as look both ways on the pit side during both of the Pro qualifying sessions. I would estimate the stands were 50 to 60% full at most.

Well I only saw it on TV but no matter what, it looked like a great turnout. Also, I think people forget that in drag racing, fans are always moving around. Seldom is everyone in their seats at the same time. Either way, what a race!

you wanna' see who's at a race, check out the bleachers first round nitro Q on saturdays, or 1st and 2nd round nitro on sunday. folks are usually in their seats at these times.

They announced the sell out on the intercom while I was sitting on the pit side reserved just north of the 330 mark on Saturday so I could see all of the spectator side seating as well as look both ways on the pit side during both of the Pro qualifying sessions. I would estimate the stands were 50 to 60% full at most.

But how many deep at the fences? That's the tough thing about the NHRA events, you don't have to sit in your seat and many don't. We don't exaggerate the term "Sell Out." There have been times where we were short by a couple hundred, so we didn't have a sell out. In the industry it means you have sold a ticket for every available seat. That's not just us, that's sports venues across the board. And yes, if you took the Madison crowd to Chicago it would not be a sell out. But here it was.

NASCAR just had the same type of discussion when Darlington sold out for the cup race, 47,000 seats. And the next week Indy looked like a ghost town, 65,000 people were there, but Indianapolis Motor Speedway has 230,000 seats.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back