So, what was the infraction? (1 Viewer)

Maybe I'm missing something but what benefit is there to driving it to 1320'? If an engine is going to blow up this is the end of the track where it is most likely to happen. I know we all like to go fast but these nitro drivers should have the common sense to know when staying on the gas pedal could be bad financially and health wise.

Maybe I'm missing something but what benefit is there to driving it to 1320'? If an engine is going to blow up this is the end of the track where it is most likely to happen. I know we all like to go fast but these nitro drivers should have the common sense to know when staying on the gas pedal could be bad financially and health wise.
I'm guessing the only reason is because it's fun. That's why they're nitro drivers to begin with.

Drag racing is rarely a good financial decision for anyone... and it's always a potential health risk any time someone straps into a race car. lol.

My entire issue with this is, there is someone else right beside you in the other lane.

Fun or any other reason will not be tolerated, and a lengthy time off may wake up this negligence.

I don't care who it is!

Last edited:
I wonder about NHRA.Where is our spokesman on this.He is awful quiet.What is the final word on this?Was it weight? Who made the error?Is he on double-secret probation?WTF

Am I wrong to think that the combination of short fuse tuneups, the rev limiter and auto shutdown systems would preclude a 1320ft stroll?
If you mounted the transponder at 1100', it would shut off the p/s, pm, and alcohol cars before their stripe at 1320.

This is all pilot error. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
If NHRA said it was a mathematical error, they probably weighed at some point on race day and was given an inaccurate weight, probably on heavy side. Therefore maybe the crew chief decided to remove some ballast to get closer, which caused the car to come up light after the finals. If in fact NHRA admits its an error on their side, then rescind the penalty, fix the issue and lets move on.
"Probably weighed at some point on race day" Salinas should have been weighed 3 times before the finals. Every car that wins a round in the nitro classes is weighed before they go back to the pits.

Do you mind if I ask what you disagree with, @Spencer Smith? I really don't care about that, but what about when something happens, and gives this sport another black eye. Or someone dies because of stupidity. What then?

Last edited:
There is a separate transponder used only for nitro, it is mounted to shut nitro cars off just after 1000’.
You positive about that? So Salinas disconnected his? I don't think so.
He would have to be lying about running it too 1320 then, correct?

I'm not looking for a s***show here guys.

I am positive about the transponders. It’s on Electrimotions website (they make them).
I am aware that Leahy makes the auto shut-off. I am also aware the transmitter for 1320' are mounted at 1450', and 1700'.

I do not know where they are mounted for 1000' fuel cars. Someone here does however, so I'll wait for an answer.

Thanks

Thanks Spencer, I figured that was the reason. Money in my opinion would not have an effect. Points might. I am of the opinion that if you want or need to stop something, like street racing, or sideshows, those cars are turned into soup cans.

My opinion on crime sentences, are most likely too mid-evil for most.

I appreciate you answering.
If I disagree with a statement, I will voice it by say something. I just wanted to know which part you thought I was wrong about.

Thank you! 👍

As far as the infraction is concerned, just because you are a fan, does not entitle you to get a certified letter in the mail. But keep pouncing on everything is NHRA's fault.

I know which door I came in, so I'll find my way out now.

As far as my 1000' question. I don't believe there are a separate set of transmitters for the fuel cars. It is up to the driver to shut it down.

✌️

I am aware that Leahy makes the auto shut-off. I am also aware the transmitter for 1320' are mounted at 1450', and 1700'.

I do not know where they are mounted for 1000' fuel cars. Someone here does however, so I'll wait for an answer.

Thanks
Seems this thread went off topic, but I'll go with it...haha

According to the Electrimotion website, the transponders for 1000' racing are at 1450' and 1900'. The transponders for 1320' racing are located at 1720' and 2170'.

1000': http://www.electrimotion.com/RF Shut Off Track Overview 1000ft.pdf
1320': http://www.electrimotion.com/RF Shut Off Track Overview 1320ft.pdf

I didn't watch the races on TV but I was out and about and saw it some qualifying on TV. I don't recall if it was Cruzer or Wilk (heck it could have been someone else) but I remember it was dark and you could see the header flames were lit well past 1000'. Sure looked like a full pull.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back