Snake releases TJ........ (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Everybody seems to be forgetting the 10 guys who will be unemployed if they don't run the car.

It affects a lot more people than T.J.

Just one of those race things you don't want to happen.

Everybody seems to be forgetting the 10 guys who will be unemployed if they don't run the car.

It affects a lot more people than T.J.

Just one of those race things you don't want to happen.
True! Several of those guys will probably have it a rougher than Tommy being unemployed. It sucks for everyone with the team.

Gonna be a tough year to get a ride in 08
  1. Bazemore
  2. Burkhart
  3. Arend
  4. Tj

Lots of good drivers on the sidelines

WTF? :eek: How did this happen? :confused: I guess this means Skytel is done since Skoal is moving to the dragster?

That Skytel was leaving came out weeks ago. and the fact that the funny car was not up to par made this seem like the logical thing to do when you only have funding in line for one car.

:(
oh man, this sucks!
I just got back from Vegas a few minutes ago.
I got a pic of TJ and he was so cool!
He was being very cool with some fans that were hanging out.
For sure one of the good guys.
Damn.

you can only hope that the reason don released him was so he can openly persue another seat incase another sponsor isn't found. snake racing hasn't "officialy" announced that the fc is parked for next year, have they? TJ might of had a clause in his contract forbidding any discussions with other teams.

This pretty much sucks. I sure hope he gets a ride next year. I just found out I'll be unemployed soon so I know how he feels.

D

Tommy - Bring back John Deere......

.....while they compete directly in several markets, there are enough (lawn and light maintanance vehicles) to bring 'em in without stepping on CAT's toes.

Remember the "Beer Wars"!?!?!

I hope and expect Tommy will land somewhere -However, I find it un-nerving that The Snake doesn't have (or expect to have) the resourses to operate the second team.

I was having some issues with my clearance, it looks like they won't clear up before the company recompetes the contract. So now I'm trying to find another gig.

D

Is that a visa clearence?

All the best bro.

And all the best to TJ and the crew

I am dissapointed in this news and know absolutely nothing about the details of the situation. However TJ is a very good driver and wonderful personality and he has a great wife who will likely be helpful in his shopping for a ride for '08.

As far as DPR, Snake is a businessman first. He sat out himself when he didn't have backing he considered appropriate to his efforts. It doesn't matter that he has a long history of success and is a great name in the racing community, business is business, and if the backing isn't there it doesn't make sense to do it.

The funny car has had a tough time and with Skoal having a long term relationship with DPR it makes sense for them to move into the more successful of the teams. It is just how things work. I don't have to like it to understand the fundamentals.

Best of luck to TJ and his entire crew.

i think the chances of these unemployed drivers finding rides is pretty slim. the same old problem is coming back up and that is sheer talent and $2 will only get you a cup of coffee. with todays economics and sponsorship getting harder to aquire , it will be who brings the most money. even if you have NEVER driven before. sort of the way nascar has gone. just look at the up and coming drivers. how many of them have grease under their finger nails or even know how to assemble a motor. whats real scary is where will the next batch of crew chiefs come from. a good portion of todays crew chiefs actually drove way back. . it wouldn't suprise me to see T.J., Whit, Burkhart, Richie Stevens, and even Angelle on the sidelines next year. it will suck, but look how long Skuza has been out and he has an incredible following. not to mention , what will happen when Evan Knoll and Forrest Lucas decide to tighten their belts.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back