Snake Racing - Bender & Smith (1 Viewer)

joey

Nitro Member
DON PRUDHOMME RACING ANNOUNCES CONTRACT EXTENSIONS FOR
CREW CHIEFS DON BENDER AND TODD SMITH​

VISTA, Calif. (Sept. 23, 2008) -- Don Prudhomme Racing announced today it has extended the contracts of both Crew Chief Don Bender and Co-Crew Chief Todd Smith of the U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company top fuel dragster for the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle season.

The tuning tandem of Bender and Smith began in June of 2006, with the duo hitting their stride the following season in 2007, as driver Larry Dixon and the Snake Racing team won three out of six final round appearances, posted a 35-20 round win mark and led the NHRA POWERade point standings going into the final event of the year.

This season has seen U.S. Smokeless Racing’s crew chiefs direct the team to one win (Phoenix) in five final rounds, collect four low-qualifier awards and earn the No. 3 berth in the Countdown to the Championship playoffs, where Dixon and crew are currently sitting fourth in the point standings and remain in contention for the 2008 NHRA POWERade Championship. Bender and Smith’s guidance has also resulted in the U.S. Smokeless Racing crew’s efficiency during qualifying, as the team is currently ranked No. 2 in the 2008 Full Throttle Pit Crew Challenge standings.

“Working with Donnie and Todd has been very rewarding,” said Team Owner Don Prudhomme. “They have come along way in developing their own approach toward tuning the race car and I am pleased with the progress they have made and results they have shown so far. In addition to managing what I believe to be one of the best running cars competing today, they are continuing to show signs of improvement. They are also working on new, innovative programs that will increase driver safety as well as reducing parts attrition, which are two areas that I am in full support of. I’m very pleased to have Donnie and Todd on board and look forward to building around their talents in the future.”

- SNAKE RACING -

Anyone want to take bets on whether Larry Dixon Jr. is leaving Snake to go to Al-Anabi now???

Congrats to Mr. Bender and Mr. Smith! They Deseve this!!

Oh, and Thanks Skip for posting this!

Well done sir!

Well darn. But darn in a good way. :) I still have this fantasy about DonnieB someday again working with JimO & JonO & NickyB like they all did on the Winston Champion American International Airways Top Fuel Dragster driven by Scott Kalitta and tuned by Dick LaHaie! Cool gig for Bender though - he's a good man

Hey Snake,
Who was driving that car again? You know the one that Donnie & Todd are tuning.
That sure sounds like the rumors about LD driving for AJ are picking up some steam.

A huge Snake/Dixon fan here. I'm back to the mater after a couple years absence. This is great news and I hope Snake can keep the team intact for many years, especially with that tremendous driver. I have lot of confidence in Bender & Smith. They keep improving every race event. And, what can you say about Dixon as a driver. WOW

Leebone

Anyone want to take bets on whether Larry Dixon Jr. is leaving Snake to go to Al-Anabi now???

Congrats to Mr. Bender and Mr. Smith! They Deseve this!!

Oh, and Thanks Skip for posting this!

Well done sir!

Next announcement out of the Snake Pit I hope comes soon will be the one that says, Yes, Larry Dixon IS our driver and will continue to be our driver. Let's end all this BS of others wishing he is behind the wheel of others cars.

Larry Dixon belongs behind the wheel of Snake's dragsters, period! He needs to finish his career at Snake Racing, just like that Favre boy needed to finish his career at Green Bay!

I think Dixon belongs at Snake's forever. It just wouldn't seem right to me if he went someplace else. In my opinion, Larry is one of the vey few drivers who I think could have made it back in the old days. I think he and Snake are a perfect match. It would be nice to hear something official from Snake's about Larry's future.

Dave

I'll just echo what all you others have said.
In fact, I hope that when Snake decides to hang it up, he'll sell everything to Larry for $1.00 (or a fair price). I believe that Larry wants to be an owner someday so.....

Skip; any way we could please get a press release as to Larry's continued driving for Snake to stop the rumors of him going w/AJ?

:):):)

it would be nice to hear something official from Snake's about Larry's future.

Once again, How about it?

I hope that Jr. stays with Snake till the end. Gotta love Larry, he's worked hard to get to where he is today. Somehow, Larry without Snake or vice versa, doesn't seem right.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back