Shades of the Paul Page Controversy! (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Ok, so I have been known to watch a little wrestling on tv....anyone else? Reason I ask is recently Joey Styles was replaced as one of the commentators who worked with Tazz by Mike Adamle. I did notice in his first 2 broadcasts that Adamle seemed very uneasy and very poorly versed on the sport he was supposed to be announcing.

But oh my, the firestorm from the wrestling fan world over Adamle on ECW! here's a link to just one of the hundreds of blogs, boards, etc. concerned with wrestling all hammering Adamle.FORMER ECW STAR TEARS APART ADAMLE REPLACING STYLES - alt.pro-wrestling.wwf | Google Groups
I think the parallel is quite interesting--Adamle has long-standing respected announcer credentials in sports that he is familiar with. Same deal with Paul Page--I think he was considered quite competent in sports that he had covered in the past, but came into NHRA Drag RAcing extremely unprepared and with no background in the sport to fall back on. And just so everyone understands I'm not trying to drag up the PP complaints again, I must say he has certainly gotten better. I just thought that the true, loyal fans, be it WWE or NHRA, expect to have the tv world give them the best for their sports. Kinda interesting I thought.

OK Terry, there is no off weekend between the races. What I'm about to tell you is gonna sting a bit....but that 'wrestling' is not real. I hate to break that to you, but as your friend, I thought that someone should. Turn off the ECW, WWE, and turn on some classic drag racing.

:D:D:D

BTW, anyone remember Billy Jack from the old Portland Wrestling days???:eek:

OK Terry, there is no off weekend between the races. What I'm about to tell you is gonna sting a bit....but that 'wrestling' is not real. I hate to break that to you, but as your friend, I thought that someone should. Turn off the ECW, WWE, and turn on some classic drag racing.

:D:D:D

NO! NOT TRUE! I just checked with Suzie Q and she assured me that it was all real....(and I still find time to tape all the 10 am drags on ESPNCL! God love the DVR!

NO! NOT TRUE! I just checked with Suzie Q and she assured me that it was all real....(and I still find time to tape all the 10 am drags on ESPNCL! God love the DVR!

Isn't the DVR the best thing since peanut butter? We got our digital cable awhile back, and I'll never have to record with a VCR again!!! I love the DVR!!!!!!

(I smell a threadjacking......:)

at least wrestling admits they're entertainment.

we were spoiled with marty reid and mike dunn together.
i can actually watch indy car racing because marty is talking.

Wrestling is 100% real!!! I have seen it! You can't tell me otherwise cuz I just won't believe such nonsense!!!:p

I was just looking at my wrestling photo album. I sure do miss the Von Erichs and the Freebirds!!! Hail to Ric Flair!!! There ain't nuthin' like a good bloody Ric Flair head!!!:D I cried when he retired. Maybe my brothers did too! I dunno!

Isn't the DVR the best thing since peanut butter? We got our digital cable awhile back, and I'll never have to record with a VCR again!!! I love the DVR!!!!!!

(I smell a threadjacking......:)
Amen, bro Alan! I have satellite since I live in the country, but when I got it it came with the dvr and is is just super. I usually dvr the race, wait until the race is about 1/2 hour gone and then start watching the dvr. that way I can buzz through the commercials and give full concentration to the musings and wisdom of Paul Page!

Amen, bro Alan! I have satellite since I live in the country, but when I got it it came with the dvr and is is just super. I usually dvr the race, wait until the race is about 1/2 hour gone and then start watching the dvr. that way I can buzz through the commercials and give full concentration to the musings and wisdom of Paul Page!

I don't know how I lived without a DVR now. I run thru the guide, DVR fishing shows, races, and everything else I want, and my wife does also. Good stuff!!!!!

Wrestling is 100% real!!! I have seen it! You can't tell me otherwise cuz I just won't believe such nonsense!!!:p

I was just looking at my wrestling photo album. I sure do miss the Von Erichs and the Freebirds!!! Hail to Ric Flair!!! There ain't nuthin' like a good bloody Ric Flair head!!!:D I cried when he retired. Maybe my brothers did too! I dunno!
See! I TOLD ya all it was real!!!!!! Thanks for clearing it up for everyone, Q!

So does this mean you want Marty to come back and lay the people's elbow on Paul

as a funny side note to wrestling fans I was once offered a try out at a small regional wrestling group. Didn't do it as I was trying to heal some sports injuries plus wasn't sure thats the life I wanted. Of course now looking down the road in life with all the tutu's and wedding dresses I would have fit right in :D

Ya know...when the broadcast was as good as it was at Atlanta..good track..oh so excellent racing..as in by a front fender in all classes..Paul looks less a problem.

I'm one of the ones that saw Paul as not an issue..it was a struggle in the beginning..just as Marty caught sh!t..but Paul is coming around.

I don't feel the need..or the desire..to make myself feel better by bashing..but that's just MO.

the only way to overcome the pain of paul page is the mute button :D hey i though me and johnny caran had this gig once paul finally goes to the betty ford clinic :D

OMFG!!!! :eek: I vaguely remember the first night I saw Billy Jack on Portland Wrestling. Somehow he just came up out of the audience, got into some kind of brouhaha with either "Playboy" Buddy Rose or Rip Oliver and got him into a full nelson and Sandy Barr and a few other wrestlers were unable to break Billy's grip, and suddenly he was the biggest sensation to hit Portland wrestling since Steve Regal, or Mike Popovich or Jimmy Snuka, or..................

It's embarassing to admit, :eek: but during my early high school years, I was addicted to Portland Wrestling.

OMFG!!!! :eek: I vaguely remember the first night I saw Billy Jack on Portland Wrestling. Somehow he just came up out of the audience, got into some kind of brouhaha with either "Playboy" Buddy Rose or Rip Oliver and got him into a full nelson and Sandy Barr and a few other wrestlers were unable to break Billy's grip, and suddenly he was the biggest sensation to hit Portland wrestling since Steve Regal, or Mike Popovich or Jimmy Snuka, or..................

It's embarassing to admit, :eek: but during my early high school years, I was addicted to Portland Wrestling.

Oh my god, there's a name I havent heard in forever, Jimmy "The Super Fly" Snuka!!!! Dude got big air off the top rope. I use to be into wrestling big time. In high school every Monday night we had party's at each others houses. I have wained from it in the last 5 years or so but I still catch an episode here and there. I'll always be a Hulkamaniac! Though I love the Undertaker, Stone Cold Stever Austin, Hillbilly Jim, The Rock, etc etc etc. Though my fav of all time, THE BUSHWHACKERS!

I remember watching in probably my junior high era, before I knew what the WWF was. I guess if you grow up in Oregon, you know Portland Wrestling = Billy Jack!! And now you bring up Rip Oliver, Sandy Barr, and Buddy Rose!!

Aha! Closet wrestling fans all over the place! Thanks to you all....I feel oh so much better now!:D

Speaking of rasslin', up here on the frozen tundra, we (well, not me) love it so much, we elected a former wrestler as our governor back in '98. Regretfully, I must admit I voted for him but only because I didn't care for the other two candidates.

Speaking of rasslin', up here on the frozen tundra, we (well, not me) love it so much, we elected a former wrestler as our governor back in '98. Regretfully, I must admit I voted for him but only because I didn't care for the other two candidates.

Hey, I like Ventura. Did he do a good job as Gov or no? I didnt follow it after the election. I read some of his books, and he's def. a straight shooter it seems. One of my favorite sayings I stole from him. During the election time a reporter asked him his thoughts on gun control and he said this little gem:
"To me, gun control is when you can cover 3 shots with a quarter." Straight from the mouth of a ex navy seal. I love it!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back