SEATTLE: Weather Delay (1 Viewer)

I think that happened in 2005, maybe 2004. They even got the curfew extended for some time but it was just too big of a mess to clean. I can't remember who it was (small team) but it popped an oil line and then basically painted the left lane and safety wall with oil from the burnout box to well past the 60ft light.

Brady Kalavoda, but it happens to all of them sooner or later.

I think that happened in 2005, maybe 2004. They even got the curfew extended for some time but it was just too big of a mess to clean. I can't remember who it was (small team) but it popped an oil line and then basically painted the left lane and safety wall with oil from the burnout box to well past the 60ft light.

It was 2003, I remember it vividly. At dinner Thursday night, Darrell Russell was in the restaurant. Bernstein was in the tower trying to figure out what to do, saying he couldn't see. The oil gusher from Kalivoda's dragster was insane. Right after they got that cleaned up, one run and another oil down.

NHRA Notes

It was 2003, I remember it vividly. At dinner Thursday night, Darrell Russell was in the restaurant. Bernstein was in the tower trying to figure out what to do, saying he couldn't see. The oil gusher from Kalivoda's dragster was insane. Right after they got that cleaned up, one run and another oil down.

NHRA Notes
It doesn't look like my CRS (Can't Remember Shit) is getting any better. :D I was there but I didn't realize it was that long ago. I was sitting in the stands on the right side of the track and when that oil line let loose it looked like a garden hose on full-blast shooting out over the rollcage.

By my calculations, you've been sanding on one truck for 6 months and there cannot be any metal left to sand. Are you now sanding air????
Cute, very cute... :) My Sister and Martin, and I'm sure more than a few neighbors can give you an exact date... :rolleyes: But the way you calculate, I wish you had done my vcash statement this week... :D

I keep putting paint back on, and then sanding it as smooth as I was saying, 2 more weeks... :p

Oh BTW- Rainout today... NHRA.com

Now how do I pick my winners?? Thanks Ralph!!

In both cases (2003 and 2005) oildowns resulted in the Top Fuel sessions not being completed. I was thinking of the 2005 incident with David Baca, where about 7 or 8 cars didn't run. I forgot about Kalivoda's incident in 03.

Yep, they called it at 3:30 ... the AccuWeather forecast coming to my BlackBerry says 71 and rainy tomorrow as well as Sunday. Sigh.

There were still some brave souls there wandering through the pits as the crews were buttoning up the pits and cars, heck, I even saw about a half dozen drivers talking to their crews or signing autographs.

I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow but I don't have my hopes too high.

I took some pics. Will post them soon.

It doesn't look like my CRS (Can't Remember Shit) is getting any better. :D I was there but I didn't realize it was that long ago. I was sitting in the stands on the right side of the track and when that oil line let loose it looked like a garden hose on full-blast shooting out over the rollcage.

I am with ya on the CRS. I just remember that one cause everyone states in oil line, but my dad and I both were sitting on the left side, so we saw that oil filter completely fail. A chunk flew right out of the top.

I just checked the results and they got cut short in 2005 for an oil down then too. I know I missed that race cause I was on the road for work. Looks like the curfew has been an issue many times before.

If things don't shape up weather wise and they do have to return the weekend right after Sonoma, then the schedule dictates Brainerd followed right by Reading. Could potentially turn into an even longer stretch than teams anticipated.

I am praying that this doesnt happen. I would like to see my husband sometime soon.As I'm sure all the other wives would too. It would be great if they were able to race on Monday.

Given the forecast and the schedule I would think they will stay there until Wednesday to try and complete the event. If qualifying gets rained to today it will be interesting to see if they will set the fields based on points only.

When was the last time they used the points to set the field?? Paul Songas would know... ;) Anyone?? I gotta go in a few, so a quickie answer would be appreciated... :D :eek:

dont know the answer ...i just watched the weather forecast and they said it will be better today then yesterday but it is still forecast to rain today and sunday?

The last time they used points to set the field was Dallas 2000. At the finals in Pomona in 02 and in Bristol in 05 they set the field on one qualifying session. In both instances the top 10 in points were guaranteed a spot in the field regardless of what they ran.

The last time they used points to set the field was Dallas 2000. At the finals in Pomona in 02 and in Bristol in 05 they set the field on one qualifying session. In both instances the top 10 in points were guaranteed a spot in the field regardless of what they ran.
Thanks BP... :)
Who needs that Songas fella anyway... :D :eek: :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back