How I'm Watching this weekend (1 Viewer)

Any one else see on the ESPN3 schedule that at 3:00 on Sunday when it goes live on ESPN2 it will be blacked out? I watch it on ESPN3 since I don't have ESPN2, another reason live coverage is a bad idea.....:mad:

Welcome to the NHL Center Ice / NHL Gamecenter Blackout dilemma. National games are blacked out on Center Ice.

So I bought nhl center ice so I could watch my team's local coverage of the game, with the local announcers, and between periods interviews. Then I don't have to deal with the national announcers whom I cannot stand to listen to (Eddie O, Mike Milbury, Jeremy Roenick, Pierre McGuire, Mike Emerik... I hate them all). Turns out Pittsburgh is the national team (similar to Yankees & Cowboys) so nearly half their games are national, and therefore blacked out on Center Ice.

I'm not 100% sure why they do it, but it must be the same reason they are blacking out ESPN 3 when the feed is live, and national. I think it has to do with advertising.

I was real jazzed to watch live qualifying on ESPN2 today Saturday. Couch was ready, tv, snacks, everything. And the live curse strikes again. Bummer.

Welcome to the NHL Center Ice / NHL Gamecenter Blackout dilemma. National games are blacked out on Center Ice.

So I bought nhl center ice so I could watch my team's local coverage of the game, with the local announcers, and between periods interviews. Then I don't have to deal with the national announcers whom I cannot stand to listen to (Eddie O, Mike Milbury, Jeremy Roenick, Pierre McGuire, Mike Emerik... I hate them all). Turns out Pittsburgh is the national team (similar to Yankees & Cowboys) so nearly half their games are national, and therefore blacked out on Center Ice.

I'm not 100% sure why they do it, but it must be the same reason they are blacking out ESPN 3 when the feed is live, and national. I think it has to do with advertising.

NBC = Nothing But Crosby

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back