SEATTLE: Weather Delay (1 Viewer)

I don't think the sun's coming out today. It's freaking pouring. I remember reading last year that the last two weekends in July are historically the warmest and driest. Figures.

What's really irritating is that my accuweather forecast today says that it'll be bright and sunny on Monday. Fabulous.

At this point, I'd be surprised if anyone got any racing in today. Sigh.

Tomorrow and Sunday don't look much better, I wouldn't put it past them to somehow try and squeeze one session in tomorrow and place the top 10 (or is it now top 8? better check the policy manuel) into the field and set the field for Sunday. I would guess that if this weekend is a complete washout they would go back the weekend after Sonoma.

Looking at the schedule, that makes the most sense to me, Brian ... come back after Sonoma.

Guess I'll have time to read the new Harry Potter book and do laundry this weekend after all.

If things don't shape up weather wise and they do have to return the weekend right after Sonoma, then the schedule dictates Brainerd followed right by Reading. Could potentially turn into an even longer stretch than teams anticipated.

Just hung up phone with my Dad and Wicked Step-Mother... They live in Mt.Vernon, about 50 miles north of Seattle... It's raining... rain Tomorrow... Rain Sunday.... but Monday and Tuesday are 'posta be great.... :rolleyes:

'Bluest skies ya every seen.... in Seattle' (here comes the brides)

This weekend sounds like the "Grayest" skies...:(

This just sucks for all those hard working folks out there! I hope they are at least having some awesome seafood feasts while waiting out the rain.

This just sucks for all those hard working folks out there! I hope they are at least having some awesome seafood feasts while waiting out the rain.
Is it really raining seafood there?? :confused:
Rains cats and dogs here... :eek:

What?? I'm bored................ :D
Alright, I'll go sand somemore... :eek:

Is NHRA.com being optimistic??

It looks like today is a no-go

They will probably get some racing in tomorrow, now if that is enough to get at least 2 qualifying sessions in is up in the air..Sunday doesnt look good either.
At least Sonoma is close :)

Seattle has a pesky time limitation on it as well, surely not helping manners

Well, I came home to listen online, guess I will just go to the bar instead!

I remember a couple of years ago they had to stop in the middle of the Top Fuel session, I can't remember if it was because of darkness or curfew. Another thing to consider is even if it stops raining and they dry the track is that dew may present a problem (see St. Louis 2007)

We have to have rain to keep people from wanting to move here but does it have to be this weekend?

I remember a couple of years ago they had to stop in the middle of the Top Fuel session, I can't remember if it was because of darkness or curfew. Another thing to consider is even if it stops raining and they dry the track is that dew may present a problem (see St. Louis 2007)

I attended that race. I believe it was a combination of darkness and a curfew that had them call the Friday night qualifying. It didn't help the one oil down lasted 45 minutes that night.

We have to have rain to keep people from wanting to move here but does it have to be this weekend?

Ha ha, people in Denver like to play the rumor that its always cold and snowy here, just to keep people away. I have friends in Seattle that like to tell people it always rains for the same reason. When in reality it doesnt snow that much in Denver and Seattle doesnt get THAT much rain (this weekend is not supporting the cause though!)

Hope it doesn't rain the rest of the weekend.I'm looking forward to qualifing and finals.:)

I attended that race. I believe it was a combination of darkness and a curfew that had them call the Friday night qualifying. It didn't help the one oil down lasted 45 minutes that night.
I think that happened in 2005, maybe 2004. They even got the curfew extended for some time but it was just too big of a mess to clean. I can't remember who it was (small team) but it popped an oil line and then basically painted the left lane and safety wall with oil from the burnout box to well past the 60ft light.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back