Seattle Car Counts (1 Viewer)

John Smillie

Nitro Member
Hi everyone! I’m unable to get down to Seattle on Sat/Sun so I was thinking about making the day trip from B.C. on Friday. I know I’ll only see one Pro session but I noticed the car counts are fairly low. Do we think this is going to change as we get closer?

Thanks!!

yikes, sure hope so. so far only one non regular car in each TF and FC ...... IMO the next 4 races mite have at least one short field.

Oh man….I need my nitro fix but it’s a six hour round trip drive for the day. If I can manage to get down on Saturday I’d have to deal with the Mariners/Blue Jays traffic at the border. Oh, and also Taylor Swift border traffic 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Hi everyone! I’m unable to get down to Seattle on Sat/Sun so I was thinking about making the day trip from B.C. on Friday. I know I’ll only see one Pro session but I noticed the car counts are fairly low. Do we think this is going to change as we get closer?

Thanks!!

Yeah, I have been watching the entry list for awhile now. I believe the entry deadline is tomorrow, after which NHRAracer will post a final schedule. I doubt there will be many new entries at this point. Very disappointing as this may be the lowest car count of fuel cars for a 16 car field, EVER. Anyone out there able to
confirm that ? I think in 1984, Columbus only had 12 TF cars, but had lots of FC. Regardless, we will still be making the 11-12 hour drive form Prince George again, for all 3 days.

Yeah, I have been watching the entry list for awhile now. I believe the entry deadline is tomorrow, after which NHRAracer will post a final schedule. I doubt there will be many new entries at this point. Very disappointing as this may be the lowest car count of fuel cars for a 16 car field, EVER. Anyone out there able to
confirm that ? I think in 1984, Columbus only had 12 TF cars, but had lots of FC. Regardless, we will still be making the 11-12 hour drive form Prince George again, for all 3 days.
BIR with dismal 11 TF'rs in 2021

Ken on Monday afternoon Nhra typically posts in teams the final registration list.

I just logged into the NHRA registration site and Seattle is no longer an option to register for.

Attachments

• IMG_6539.png
    IMG_6539.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
I feel like even before covid Seattle always had light fields. With it being so far out of the way compared to every other national event it would seem unless you are chasing points or local it would make sense to skip much like Epping.

Speaking of locals, I am happy to see Ron Smith still at it. I've always wondered does he run the car at other match races or local shows throughout the year or does he only bring it out for the Seattle national?

the writing is on the wall, the cost has risen exponentially, while the purses have not. full timers now displaying multiple sponsors throughout
the season just to make it through. look how hagan took advantage in denver as #1 Q. (14) car field, (7) first rnd pairings, hagan wins
first round and bye into semis.......i mite be wrong, but i don't think the tv broadcast even showed the 2nd round bye run.

Ken on Monday afternoon Nhra typically posts in teams the final registration list.

I just logged into the NHRA registration site and Seattle is no longer an option to register for.
I have seen late entries before. When JR replaced Grubby for example.

Speaking of locals, I am happy to see Ron Smith still at it. I've always wondered does he run the car at other match races or local shows throughout the year or does he only bring it out for the Seattle national?
He only runs the Top Fuel car at the NW Nationals, but he was licencing in a Nitro Nostalgia Funny Car at a few events last year.

Attachments

• ron-smith.jpg
    ron-smith.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 42
I seem to remember some cars called Code Red and also Code Blue. Think they were alky F/C, a number of years ago. Working in hospitals for 30 years, was real familiar w/ Code Blue.

He only runs the Top Fuel car at the NW Nationals, but he was licencing in a Nitro Nostalgia Funny Car at a few events last year.
Cool deal with the nostalgia car. I am surprised he does not run the big show car at any other point considering how much it costs just to certify everything once a year but it is still cool he shows up. Hopefully they do well this weekend.

That was a substitution not a new entry.
here's the rule:
Professional entries after deadline must be approved by HQ Competition Department; Sportsman entries will not be acceptedafter deadline date/time regardless of quotas or provisional status. The basis for this policy is to ascertain accurate car countsfor the purposes of establishing the pit layout and the event run schedule. Provisional entries (Gold, Silver, Bronze, PastChampions, etc) will not be allowed to re-enter after withdrawing. The rationale of this policy is to prevent manipulation of thequota system. For example, if a category is at 100% of quota, a provisional driver could withdraw allowing a non-provisionaldriver to enter, then re-enter resulting in the quota exceeding 100%.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back