NHRA - IHRA T/F & F/C car counts (1 Viewer)

n/a

Nitro Member
I don't know, so I'm asking....

What are the differences in the rules for these two nitro classes
in the two sanctioning bodies (NHRA & IHRA) ?

The car counts are so low in both, you'd think that maybe, somehow
the two sanctioning bodies, could get the rules to be the same so that
there could be more crossover participation.

Splain it to us please.

Larry Fulton

right now I believe the major difference is the new chassis rules that NHRA implented a few races ago.

IHRA has been 8 car fields for a long time, generally the lower dollar teams play there. Less travel (IHRA doesn't cover as much of the country), less races. In the past couple of years many have crossed over each way. But it doesn't seem to be happening as much this year.

I think the extreme cost of fuel (nitro and deisel) has really effected teams this year. On NHRA today Densham said that those 2 items alone have driven up the cost for them 5k per race. Thats a huge jump per race

Besides the chassis,
What else about the engine;
the clutch (discs allowed);
and any other components (gear ratios; timers, etc etc)...
Are there any differences in the rules?

I would think that because of the higher cost of fuels (deisel & nitro),
there would be more crossover (race the the race that is closest to home).

These short car counts suck!!

Larry

Besides the chassis,
What else about the engine;
the clutch (discs allowed);
and any other components (gear ratios; timers, etc etc)...
Are there any differences in the rules?

I would think that because of the higher cost of fuels (deisel & nitro),
there would be more crossover (race the the race that is closest to home).

These short car counts suck!!

Larry
There's no differance in the rules other than the chassis.

For what it cost to run one of these cars, even a race close to home almost isn't worth it.

IHRA is also raising the price of Nitro now too.
They said they had purchased enough for the season earlier in the year, but now a e-mail went out stating the price is going from $1200 to $1500 a drum (42gal). At least it's still 100% instead of 90.
Also the Nitro series championship checks were issued by Torco the last two years, will there be any money for the points fund at this year's IHRA banquet?

I thought the blower ratio was limited to 25 or 33% overdrive in IHRA ... while there is no limit in NHRA?

See you at cordova Tony.. I'll stop your pits and say hi (but only iffin you guys are not busy I hate bothering people)

I'm suprised some of the smaller teams haven't jumped over to NHRA with the short field and increasing chances to qualify.

If they can't find a way to fill out the Top Fuel fields when the Countdown rolls around ... it is a free 20 points to the #1 qualifier at every race ... and we all know that is going to be Shoe. Historically, he has been vulnerable in Round 1 ... but if there is no one in the other lane, start engraving the trophy now ...

Mitch Kings T/F car just got out of Murf's shop (got the new "NHRA" back half) and should be at Indy, I think Spencer will be in the seat at Indy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back