Schumachers comments...WTF ??? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter

Nitro Member
Did anyone else catch Dons interview in the qualifying show on Sat and hear him say he wished everyone well, blah, blah, but he would be "P`d" at Force if he hurt Neff. An obvious reference to Eric . I think that hit was way below the belt, even for Don...

Last edited:
The timing may have been very bad, considering what happened to Eric, but I think Don may have been thinking more along the lines of ZIppy having no driving experience.

FULL DISCLOSURE:

I did NOT hear the comment.

Do you think he MIGHT have been referring to trying Zippy in the car and finding that, maybe, he couldn't do it or something like that.

Personally, I hope he does well but, (cynical me) hope John didn't do it JUST to pick up another crew chief (or remove a proven one from DSR). A NEW kind of "blocker".

(I'm not a conspiracy guy but, in an occasional negative mood, can invent one.)

or not have a car for him next year... I don't think he meant it that way... All is possible...

CJ Curtsinger

Did anyone else catch Dons interview in the qualifying show on Sat and hear him say he wished everyone well, blah, blah, but he would be "P`d" at Force if he hurt Neff. An obvious reference to Eric . I think that hit was way below the belt, even for Don...

Yeah, that really got to me. I hope he didn't intend that to sound as cold as it did, as though what happened to Eric doesn't eat John alive every day, and as though John wouldn't do everything in his power to keep his drivers safe. :(

I can't imagine everything's peaches and cream between those
two teams; just look at the talent those two teams alone possess.
I'm actually a little surprised it's taken this long for a major player
to make a move from one camp to the other.
I'm sure it won't be the last.

I'll admit being a bit confused by that one. We were all watching the qualifying show prior to leaving for the CIFCA race here in Phoenix last evening and everyone I spoke to believed it to be a backhanded swing at JFR given their loss earlier this season somehow insinuating they maybe weren't "safe enough" over on that team. The comment seemed completely out of order to me and most unnecessary in any setting.

I find it amazing how some feel the need to get their "little digs" in while on camera? Sounds like The Don may be hurting over this loss way more than he's letting on but it confirms that he has learned some valuable interview skills from Whit?

Don personally came on the mater and said that he believes Zippy will end up being just another Crew Chief at JFR.
I'm confused myself! :confused:

Lots of people become PC when the camera is on. ;)

I agree with Kelly in that it wasn't meant as a physical hurt, but a mental one as in being promised to drive and ends up a chief.

Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't meant like that. I mean come on; Mike Neff - or Don, or John or anybody else, Heaven forbid - could get "hurt" today from food poisoning while eating lunch at the track and be in the hospital tonight. Even I know there's no way Shoemacher would say something like that. You have to remember, although the names are different, the cars and trailers are painted different.... these people are one big family, one community. I think this is totally blown out of proportion.

Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't meant like that. I mean come on; Mike Neff - or Don, or John or anybody else, Heaven forbid - could get "hurt" today from food poisoning while eating lunch at the track and be in the hospital tonight. Even I know there's no way Shoemacher would say something like that. You have to remember, although the names are different, the cars and trailers are painted different.... these people are one big family, one community. I think this is totally blown out of proportion.
Riiiiiight ........its like "My Three Sons" with Don as the father and Lee, Whit and Zippy as his boys. And Austin Coil as Uncle Charlie

Last edited:
Don's a class guy and I'm sure his comment was well intentioned and no malicious or mean spirited in any way.

Come on guys you think this is one big family, this is a cut throat show & business with Satan himself at the top, with the exception of a tragic exit
these guys don't give a rats ass about each other than the political thing
to say on camera! this is one big soap opera with with the bottom dollar driving the car so to speak. This is what we need some real truth & pot stirring. When one of my employees/drivers goes to work for the competition you 're dang rite it pisses me off:mad: Get Real

:p:D:)

Fire up the burners Fuzzy Just got back from Willesboro, pass me a cup a shine hold the Nitro!

Bama Boys

I took it as a back handed dig, but then again I think Schumacher's feelings are probably still hurt that JFR lured Zippy over. The only reason that I take notice on what DSR does is because the Okuhara brothers are tuning there. Gotta cheer on the Hawaii boys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back