Schumacher or Dixon (1 Viewer)

If Top Fuel is a vacant as some fear in 2009, Connie K. could field ONE pipe rack at 18 events, spilt seat time between Hillary/Grubby/Dougie, and STILL get them all in the yet-to-be-decided countdown. Just a thought.

Through Indy....

Dixon-4
Massey-3
Shumacher-2
Bernstein-3
Brown-4
Lucas-2
Cory Mac-1
Kalitta-1

I would think Massey has a decent chance next year, especially with the Countdown stuff. He can stay mid-pack or near the top until the "second season" when he will have several races under his belt. Bender is steady and getting steadily better. Too bad Tim Richards retired because next year might have been the year he put Brandon in the championship. I don't think AJ's team is going to run away with anything. At least not in their first year. Just MHO.

Have to agree, As much as I like LD I don't think they will dominate as they have the last 2 years. AJ has to spend time on the whole team, Bender IS getting better/smarter and let's not count out Beard and Brown. But and a big but, if AJ's team gets on a roll watchout.

If Top Fuel is a vacant as some fear in 2009, Connie K. could field ONE pipe rack at 18 events, spilt seat time between Hillary/Grubby/Dougie, and STILL get them all in the yet-to-be-decided countdown. Just a thought.

Through Indy....

Dixon-4
Massey-3
Shumacher-2
Bernstein-3
Brown-4
Lucas-2
Cory Mac-1
Kalitta-1

I Like the way you THINK!!!...Id call Kalitta with the notion...3 in the countdown with one car...hmmmm ...Can you say MOCKERY of the Countdown!!!:p

Last edited:
I would think Massey has a decent chance next year, especially with the Countdown stuff. He can stay mid-pack or near the top until the "second season" when he will have several races under his belt. Bender is steady and getting steadily better. Too bad Tim Richards retired because next year might have been the year he put Brandon in the championship. I don't think AJ's team is going to run away with anything. At least not in their first year. Just MHO.

I'd almost agree, I reckon Massey will have the momentum going into 09'. I almost doubt Schumacher will win anything. By the time the countdown or whatever it's going to be happens Dixon and Johnson will have gelled and beat everyone.

It may take Alan J. and Dixon a few races to jel. But by the start of the countdown, they may run untouchable. Tony may win rounds but no Wallys.
Mac Tools and Snap-On leaving is bad not only for teams invoved, but the sport as a whole.

If memory serves me; team army won AJ's first race out after flying in all of his stuff b4 the race.

I do agree however, everything is new in this case... I think I'll take a
"wait and see" approach.

Through Indy....

Dixon-4
Massey-3
Shumacher-2
Bernstein-3
Brown-4
Lucas-2
Cory Mac-1
Kalitta-1

Then it would have to be decision time. Field 3 cars from 3 drivers in the countdown so each could make their move up, OR field 1 and go after the Owner's Trophy. The last time there was a split championship in a major auto racing series (to my knowledge) was 2003 in the NASCAR Busch Series. Brian Vickers was the driver champion, but Richard Childress won the Owners Trophy with different drivers.

Question: Would or Does the NHRA even recognize the difference???

Its my understanding that AJ took many of the key players with him when he left DSR. With that in mind, and the fact he has the $$$ to test as much as needed and Larry's driving experience. I would not be surprised if he got a Wally the first race out.
Now with Hotrod out we may have a New Circus Monkey and his nickname is Sarge.

Man this went to a "let's take pot shots at Tony" thread pretty quickly. :rolleyes:

For the record IMO Tony is not going to win 15 races but I am going to say at least 4 or 5.

Unfortunately, since they are having to downsize as well, there were some cuts made.

I really hate to see this happening all over, but until the economy gets under control, it is going to keep happening. I feel that we WILL bounce back from this and all will be right with the world! :D

Wow, a little early to be handing out championships don't ya think. :confused:
Interesting thread though.

Seems like a lot think only two or three cars have a chance. You may be suprised who shows up & who steps up. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back