2009 NHRA T/F Champion??? (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Who Will Win The 2009 NHRA T/F Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tony had the new crew. More amazing what they did. IMO.
Tony has the same crew that worked on Corys car last year, almost to the man. Might be one person that it is new. More impressive to me is what Corys guys have accomplished this season. Todd and Phil were funny car guys who were new to tuning a rail. Would love to see CMac get his first title....gonna be a tall order though!

Alright PJ... YOU ARE OFFICIALLY BLIND.

Since the countdown began no single top 5 team in any pro category has "TANKED" harder than the Matco Tools Top Fuel team. Yes they have been through a lot in the past few months, but when it counted, they didn't get it done.

I consider many of the guys on that team my friends, but even they would admit they do not deserve the championship.... So... how can you say that the champion is Antron with a straight face????

I understand your dislike of the countdown, but... please....wtf?

Yes they have fallen apart the last several races. But I believe that they have still earned more points ON THE TRACK then any of the others have. Although Tony and Dixon and Cory have closed the gap.

My vote will always go for whoever actually was the best throughout the season and earned the most points.

Amazing?? not to me. Al Anabi was not a new team. It was the whole DRS team including AJ. The only things new , were the guy writing the checks, and the driver. (and a good one at that).

Tony had the new crew. More amazing what they did. IMO.
I like all 4 Dixon, Antron, Cory, and Tony. But for the Vote I'll go with TONY.

Think about what AJ had to do this off season...Buy like 5 transporters, 2 top fuelers 2 funny cars, all of them wrapped, a bazillion parts for each, hospitality, hiring of management. And I'm sure there were a couple bumps in the road. All this while thinking about a baseline tuneup.

Personally I would love to see Cory Mac go on to the finals and win the whole thing, that would be amazing. If Tony Shoe wins it, that would be an amazing accomplishment considering that they started from scratch this season and no one really thought that they would be able to win much without AJ.
I voted for Dixon, AJ knows how to pull it out when it counts, as long as Dixon holds it together on the tree.:D

Yes they have fallen apart the last several races. But I believe that they have still earned more points ON THE TRACK then any of the others have. Although Tony and Dixon and Cory have closed the gap..........................
ON THE TRACK, we would have just as big of a dog fight this weekend.

Antron Brown = 1768 points
Larry Dixon = 1747 points
Tony Shoe = 1726 points

ON THE TRACK, we would have just as big of a dog fight this weekend.

Antron Brown = 1768 points
Larry Dixon = 1747 points
Tony Shoe = 1726 points

Can someone explain to me why we need this clowndown again? If this pts spread is true, then it speaks volumes. Just like the Tony S-Doug K year. We dont need any clowndown.

But to answer the poll, if I have learned one thing in my 29 years on this earth its this: DONT EVER, EVER BET AGAINST ALAN JOHNSON.

Think about what AJ had to do this off season...Buy like 5 transporters, 2 top fuelers 2 funny cars, all of them wrapped, a bazillion parts for each, hospitality, hiring of management. And I'm sure there were a couple bumps in the road. All this while thinking about a baseline tuneup.

AJ didn't do it himself he hired the right people to help.
I think you are forgetting that Jason is the crew chief and AJ is one of the owners along with the sheik who supplies most of the $$$$ backing.
I would like to see Larry win it but I wouldn't have a problem with Corey either he is long overdue!

The hardest part of starting up a new team is getting the financial backing and Alan tapped into a goldmine! :p
I hope the rumors of a 2nd F/C team happen.

Can someone explain to me why we need this clowndown again? If this pts spread is true, then it speaks volumes. Just like the Tony S-Doug K year. We dont need any clowndown.

But to answer the poll, if I have learned one thing in my 29 years on this earth its this: DONT EVER, EVER BET AGAINST ALAN JOHNSON.

I don't see how it is different than any other sport? When the patriots went 16-0, why didn't we just give them the super bowl? They didn't win WHEN IT COUNTED. Antron didn't win WHEN IT COUNTED. Its a playoff system, and its only what EVERY other sport does.

I don't see how it is different than any other sport? When the patriots went 16-0, why didn't we just give them the super bowl? They didn't win WHEN IT COUNTED. Antron didn't win WHEN IT COUNTED. Its a playoff system, and its only what EVERY other sport does.

Other PRO sports have a playoff, because they have different divisions... They need a playoff... WE don't NEED a playoff, we have the 'sweet sixteen' playing each other 24 times a year, every 'game'.

You want a true world Champion? The winner of the NHRA title vs the European Champion, vs the Australian Champion vs the IHRA champion vs the AHRA champion, ect..

Then we'd need the play off, all we have now is HYPE.

d'kid

Well......one difference might be the fact that playoff teams in other sports don't randomly have to "play" teams that did not make the playoffs. :)

the champion is Antron, the winner of this countdown fiasco...dixon I guess

PJ you've been a cool cat over the years, but basically what you are saying is:

Dixon will win the championship that pays the points and the $$$ AND the prestige,

While Antron wins the championship that's sold at the Dollar General right beside Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, and Battleship!!

:D

Yes they have fallen apart the last several races. But I believe that they have still earned more points ON THE TRACK then any of the others have. Although Tony and Dixon and Cory have closed the gap.

My vote will always go for whoever actually was the best throughout the season and earned the most points.

and unfortunately your vote and two bits will buy the 'mythical' world champion a cup of coffee at Denny's.

Time to face reality PJ. This point system is here to stay. It will have changes, tweeks and 'hyped up excitement bonus programs' (like an extra point for every hole shot victory or two extra points for ever mention of Full Throttle in your top end interview on ESPN2). You can fight it, resist it, even convince yourself that the "TRUE" world champ is the one who does the best during the entire season.... but it will still by mythical.

Of course.... there is always the IHRA... scratch that....

When the Giants won the Super Bowl they had to beat the Cowboys, Patriots, Bucs and Packers. All of which were playoff teams. In our system we have seen drivers win by simply not racing other playoff teams.

We would complain about a super bowl champ that only had to face the Lions, Raiders and Rams to win it all, yet we are forced to accept it here.

Either make a real playoff or go back to a true champ, this ******* system we have is just bad all the way around.

Look at the points battle we would legitimately have without the contrived BS. Now instead of that people talk about dives that happen weeks ago, people's champs, who wins vs who deserves. Seems to have taken much of the glitz off of the title. Hell when Cruz won last year he was almost apologetic, noting what Wilk had done all season.

Other PRO sports have a playoff, because they have different divisions... They need a playoff... WE don't NEED a playoff, we have the 'sweet sixteen' playing each other 24 times a year, every 'game'.

all we have now is HYPE. d'kid

VERY well put Karl.

IMO, tha ONLY thing dumber than the CD, is the Fri. qual. system of NOT counting 13 thru 16. Talk about NOT fair......:confused:

and unfortunately your vote and two bits will buy the 'mythical' world champion a cup of coffee at Denny's.

Time to face reality PJ. This point system is here to stay. It will have changes, tweeks and 'hyped up excitement bonus programs' (like an extra point for every hole shot victory or two extra points for ever mention of Full Throttle in your top end interview on ESPN2). You can fight it, resist it, even convince yourself that the "TRUE" world champ is the one who does the best during the entire season.... but it will still by mythical.

Of course.... there is always the IHRA... scratch that....

is it not ok to bother me though. I get sick every time I hear Tony S say how he is a 6 time in a row champ or whatever it is, knowing full well he got owned two years ago when he lost 1/2 of his first round races yet won a couple at the end to be the champ. Seeing Tony P win while not racing anyone, Eddie couldn't win a race but won the title. To me that is just wrong. Now with tweaks every year whats going on. Is it right now, or two years ago, or next year. When they keep changing it ya know even they know its not right and rather than admit it they continue to mess around.

It has not lead to the excitement or sponsor interest that we were told. You are around enough drivers circles, you hear the same behind the scenes things I have...probably even more. You know what the true views are.

I've unofficially done something similar to this just paying attention to people, next race ask the average fan in the stand about it. You get two responses. Sadly the first is "The what" (that alone tells you how little success this thing is) and the second is a whole lot worse then anything I've put on here.

antron and cory qualify in bottom half. #14, 15 or 16 preferrably.
forego the qual. points.

.........no guts, no glory, both potentially against dixon & schu in first round.

that would be a cool finish.
earned either way.

Are we really going to hash this all out every year? "It is what it is".

Since they have changed it to the single countdown break instead of the second final 4 deal, It's ok with me. I don't think it's going to go back to the old system so we might as well get used to it.

Dixon will win the championship that pays the points and the $$$ AND the prestige,

While Antron wins the championship that's sold at the Dollar General right beside Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, and Battleship!!

:D

I have been saying this for 3 years now. The only difference is that Schumacher will be the one winning the championship that pays the $$ and trophy.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back