2009 NHRA T/F Champion??? (1 Viewer)

Who Will Win The 2009 NHRA T/F Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
more potential points.........

.5 point for burnout over 1/8 mile. :cool:
.5 point for dryhop (max. of 2 per run) :cool::cool:
2 points for female burnout back-r-upper. :)

I said my .02 and clearly people on here don't want the sport to change, evolve and turn into something bigger and better. Its time to face it, the sport is becoming more corporate and corporations footing the bill want to see more excitement. This countdown provides that IMO

I said my .02 and clearly people on here don't want the sport to change, evolve and turn into something bigger and better. Its time to face it, the sport is becoming more corporate and corporations footing the bill want to see more excitement. This countdown provides that IMO

where's the excitement???? where's the increase in tv ratings or corportate involvement. hell tv ratings dropped since the countdown. I can actually live with a playoff, although I prefer a true season long champ, what we have now is nothing

T/F would be absolutely amazing where it was. I don't know about the rest..I figger Edwards would have his..but imagine him losing this because of the bullsh!t? (like Wilk last year huh?) F/C would still be good wouldn't it? I don't know what the points would be..but I can see right now the excitement is earning it throughout the whole tour!! Not in the last few..makes me wanna puke. You earn it..why make the first 3/4 of the season mean absolutely nothing? I'll never understand THAT. Why give points then..OHHH..to determine who gets to be in the countdown (shakes head). Points are earned to determine the winner at the end of the season..always has been..and always should be.

Bigger and better..pffft

antron and cory qualify in bottom half. #14, 15 or 16 preferrably.
forego the qual. points.

.........no guts, no glory, both potentially against dixon & schu in first round.

that would be a cool finish.
earned either way.

Now that is smart. Letting Dixon or Tony get easy first round match ups against the part timers will seal Cory's fate. They ought to try to qualify last on purpose to get paired up with one of them and try to take them out first round.

Dixon all the way! AJ, Jason and Larry are so far above everyone else

Like a few on here already know, I have been a long time AJ fan (Back to the TAD days) But let me just say this; Chris your post reeks of stupidity!!! Hey don't get me wrong, the team is great!! Your post just sounds like something a kid in the playground would have said to me back when I was in primary school. For example "The Chicago Bulls are so above the New York Knicks" Yes I'm going back to 91-93! Sure there are people better at some things than others, however dude, in life no one is above anyone. I hope you'll learn that someday.

Mike.

Like a few on here already know, I have been a long time AJ fan (Back to the TAD days) But let me just say this; Chris your post reeks of stupidity!!! Hey don't get me wrong, the team is great!! Your post just sounds like something a kid in the playground would have said to me back when I was in primary school. For example "The Chicago Bulls are so above the New York Knicks" Yes I'm going back to 91-93! Sure there are people better at some things than others, however dude, in life no one is above anyone. I hope you'll learn that someday.

Mike.

Mike,

I didn't mean it as if they were 'above' everyone else in an arrogant way. I simply meant that there skills were superior to the rest of the class in my opinion. Sorry for the confusion.

The Countdown is a great idea. I've really enjoyed it.

I don't want to copy NASCAR but I like the idea of awarding bonus points for wins prior to the beginning.

This could help separate someone in 10th from 1st. May sqelch some of the testing that goes on during the season. And gives and advantage to those who race to win.

where's the excitement???? where's the increase in tv ratings or corportate involvement. hell tv ratings dropped since the countdown. I can actually live with a playoff, although I prefer a true season long champ, what we have now is nothing

There's plenty of excitement. TF and PSB will go down to the wire! What is your basis to say the TV ratings have dropped since the Countdown and how can you blame it on the Countdown and not other factors such as time slots. The TV ratings are down in other sports such as NASCAR also and corporate involvement is down everywhere due to the economy, not the Countdown. I have agree with Tim and others on this one, you need to get over it the Countdown is here to stay!:D

Cory is going to go 2 rounds and 9 qualifying points better than Tony and 2 rounds and 8 qualifying points better than Dixon!!

There's plenty of excitement. TF and PSB will go down to the wire! What is your basis to say the TV ratings have dropped since the Countdown and how can you blame it on the Countdown and not other factors such as time slots. The TV ratings are down in other sports such as NASCAR also and corporate involvement is down everywhere due to the economy, not the Countdown. I have agree with Tim and others on this one, you need to get over it the Countdown is here to stay!:D

Agreed. The fact that the show gets pushed back about every other week doesnt help much!

I'd have to look up the exact numbers again and lets to be honest no amount of stats or evidence will change your mind.

TV Numbers in year one were up during the regular season. Now remember that during the playoffs the supposed new excitement level was to going to increase viewership.
1) viewers did not increase
2) the increase that they gained during the season could not be held
and
3) they actually lost viewers with ratings dropping below what they had during the regular seaon.
Looks like it failed on 3 fronts to me. Not real sure how that can be spun to show anything else.

Don't take my word on it go look up the numbers. And no you can't blame tv times, we've had crap and random tv times for a number of years. Besides if the countdown were a success and generating all this new interest and excitement it is supposed to then people who find it.

Numbers since season one haven't shown that the countdown has provided the spark they intended. Hell about the only excitement that it generates is you and I yelling at each other :D

Leading into year one and even 2, the "excitement" should have generated a rush of new sponsors coming and others staying. Hell even Powerade didn't stick around. Granted ending year two and all of this year the economy has been in the dumbs to which even I can't pin that on the countdown.

Check out nascars numbers. The have had the chase for a few years longer and interestingly their nose dive seems to match that same time frame. Now granted there can be more than one cause to their decline however when such a major change happens right about that same time it makes ya wonder. Again look up those number, you'll see ratings had a slight bump year one, I recall one critic calling it the curiosity bump, since then it has gone down. Fans still complain about it, listen to driver interviews as the stumble through answering what they think about it while trying to not get fined.

If they want a playoff then they need to fix this because what we have now just isn't right and it isn't getting the job done

PJ
Just because you don't feel the excitement, doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't. At 1st I didn't like it either but I find my self paying MORE attention to the points after Indy now, more than ever.
NHRA isn't about what "you" like or what "I" like, and trust me, there are plenty of thing that Glendora does that I don't agree with, but I don't come to the mater and turn every thread into personal complaint thread about the countdown.

PJ
Just because you don't feel the excitement, doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't. At 1st I didn't like it either but I find my self paying MORE attention to the points after Indy now, more than ever.
NHRA isn't about what "you" like or what "I" like, and trust me, there are plenty of thing that Glendora does that I don't agree with, but I don't come to the mater and turn every thread into personal complaint thread about the countdown.

every thread...really???? So we can only talk about the points if its done positively, got it.:rolleyes: Actually I don't like to come on complaining about it and try to refrain. Just imagine if I didn't hold back.:D

of course its not what you or I like as individuals. When this was started the reasons given and the goals hoped for have not been meet or even come close. If either of us owned such a business we would now be looking at alternate strategies or returning to what worked before. A stufy not of just a per user basis but as the numbers across the board would and does tell the tale.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back