Saying Hi (1 Viewer)

Old Guy Rookie

Nitro Member
Hello everyone. My name is Chris and I'm a Network Engineer by trade, and a wannabe shoe any other time. Other than being a fan I have no real background in racing, no real racing experience, and no famous racing name. (Although, if you're from Long Island you may know my family; but, that's another story.) What started off as a series of bad days at work, I started looking around for a job that "doesn't suck" and while watching the action at E-town on TV it just kind of struck me that even after having a bad day driving, how can you not wake up the next day and say to yourself “Awesome, I get to go to work today.” Granted, it’s a long way to the top; but, one thing lead to another and I found myself down in Gainesville a few weeks ago making my Super Comp licensing passes at Frank Hawley’s school. I now just need to send in my paperwork to Glendora and get all that taken care of. Whether or not I actually end up running depends on the economy at the moment; but, regardless, it was a great experience and I tell you folks, it’s harder than it looks. :cool:

Welcome to the ‘Mater’
You are right it is a lot harder than it looks!

You did the right thing by going to Hawley’s. In my opinion – you just save yourself a lot of money and time getting started. When Frank had his school in Pomona I got to spend a bit of time there. I also went through the school.

The Mater is a great place to exchange opinions and ideas.

Live your dream! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back