Hi all (1 Viewer)

Student of the sport

Nitro Member
My name is Darrell Reid, I have been a lurker most of the time , but may have gotten off to a bad start with my first post, my apologies to Mr. Yates.

I do not have a race car, I have been around the sport since that fateful day in 1971 when my big brother took me to the Winternationals at Pomona, got a sniff of nitro, and, well, the rest is history.

I now own a machine shop, after working at JFR for only about 8 months, (not really long enough to become family), back in 2005, opportunity to start cnc shop came along, and you guessed it, me went for it!

I love this sport, and after raising 4 kids, am trying to get back into it, maybe not as a racer, but hopefully able to apply 30 yrs. of machining experience to contribute to making better parts for the cars, I am fascinated with the mechanical side of things, and am working with a couple of folks in the alcohol fc and tad ranks, so we'll see what happens.

I have a lot to learn, honest ingnorance I guess is the best way to put it, but I hope to prove to myself that "it's never too late to start again".

Sorry if the intro was long winded.

"D"

Last edited:
Darrell,
I don't know if you read the fine print but your entry fee, while quite modest at $1 includes CNC machining four sets of heads for me. Of course, I'll pay for the blocks of aluminum and the rest is up to you. I'll provide you with the sample head to duplicate and we're off to the races from there. Of course, I'll work with your schedule. Thank you for jumping on board. Welcome to the madness!

"Of course, I'll work with your schedule. "

Now there is an understatement, you want fries with that?

Thanks for the welcome,
Maybe someday I'll see that fruit fall from my cnc tree!

In the meantime, check for the new stands and rocker assembly coming out of the Manton camp, some exciting parts and solutions!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back