Sat pics, raining sunday. (1 Viewer)

It's still raining here. I'm about 10miles from the track and it's been pretty steady all morning.

Gary, thank you so much for sharing those great pics!
Love the slide show.

I heard when that when that S/G came down it hit the oil pan hard & oiled the track . Why was he allowed to run w/o any oil retention device (diaper)?

I think I found Ellis' runs - the data feed during testing generally doesn't have driver names and consists of just two categories - Pro tree (Top Fuel) and Sportsman tree. I think he was running #75 and he had a good early run, a 6.936 at 196.70 on Friday, no full passes after that. He was one of the last cars down the track last night, but the track just wasn't there.

It is the same Terry Capp that used to run TF. Strange not seeing Gordies name on that car...probably my favorite flopper as a kid. Cool to see the late Jerry Verhuels name on the side though, a hell of a tuner in his day.

Thanks, Chris! I thought maybe there was some history with the Bubble-Up car I was missing with Terry Capp because I don't remember anyone but Gordie running that car.

How old is Terry Capp these days?

Sean D

are the spill plates larger on Tasca's car or dothe graphics make them look larger than other cars?
I believe the rear decks on the Mustangs are shorter than others bodys, which makes the spill plates larger than other bodys...and yes, the graphics look like they give the spill plates the illusion of being even larger.

I think I found Ellis' runs - the data feed during testing generally doesn't have driver names and consists of just two categories - Pro tree (Top Fuel) and Sportsman tree. I think he was running #75 and he had a good early run, a 6.936 at 196.70 on Friday, no full passes after that. He was one of the last cars down the track last night, but the track just wasn't there.

Thanks Larry

are the spill plates larger on Tasca's car or dothe graphics make them look larger than other cars?

can not extend forward of rear axle centerline, check
top edge 5" above roofline, or 60" from ground, which ever is less, check
lower and shorter rear deck, taller green house, means squarer spill plates... and the black swoosh in the paint job adds to the illusion

d'kid

Bummer for the JFR teams, but even more so for Bob Tasca. He has not come close to making it even to the 330 under power, and still needs several runs to earn his license. At least with JFR if you make 4 runs a day per team you get 16 runs per day of data to look at. Hopefully things clear up!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back