Sarge - any questions? (1 Viewer)

A lot of people feel that you have to move up the ranks in order to drive these cars tell that to Mike Neff, Robert Hight and the late Eric Medlen.

What cars did they drive before getting into these rides?

If Tony said that then I think it was a cheap shot all it takes is the WILL and the want to drive any of these cars it ain't that big a deal as people like to think or make it out to be!

If a T/F team is serious about winning a championship then the guy to go after is AJ!
He must be very happy at DSR so Don must treat him right.
That's the only way you are going to stop this freight train and I'm sure people have tried.....

i agree that was a cheap shot, tony wins because of AJ's tuneup . man hasnt a bike rider won a top fuel race or 2 this year? if you have the will/guts and a top notch crew chief you too can win. Im amazed at aj's longevity to be able to stay on top for so longin such a setup changing class

I think Hillary's comments refer back to 2006 to when she almost took out Vandergriff in Columbus at the finish line.

YouTube - 2006 nhra columbus qualifying

I think you are right, and there was another incident before that as well. Some of the pros didn't want to run on the track next to her. That is what I was told from a very good source anyway.
At any rate, I hope she is earning a little more respect now. She had a very good weekend in Bristol.

i agree that was a cheap shot, tony wins because of AJ's tuneup . man hasnt a bike rider won a top fuel race or 2 this year? if you have the will/guts and a top notch crew chief you too can win. Im amazed at aj's longevity to be able to stay on top for so longin such a setup changing class

What you trying to say about a bike rider?

Tony's win today shows why it is a good thing to be a part of the darkside.:D

jointhedarksidevs5.jpg

As for Hillary's comments I missed them so I'm not sure what she said but if it was something pertaining to something the Sarge might have said about her when she started, I dont doubt it. I've been around Tony a few times when he's gone off on other drivers. Not saying what I've heard him say wasnt true but he isint one to hold back his comments. Apparently he forgot that at one time he was in the same boat.

I seem to remember Jim O shutting him up a couple of years ago. Maybe something like without AJ he wasn't squat or sumthin like that.

Some of the pros didn't want to run on the track next to her. QUOTE]

Some of the old timers may remember that the "other pro's" refused to run next to GARLITS when he showed up with the rear engine car. He made several solo runs, strait as a string. They had to run him, he won the event, next year they ALL had rear motor cars.

true .. but nobody ever showed up in the staging lanes to run next to Garlits with side view mirrors taped to their car.

Hillary is doing a very nice job of driving these days, but she had more than her share of struggles in the beginning.

Most every driver (nitro) has crossed the center line or taged the wall or both. How many have had their car break apart, Dixon, Shoe, Cory, ect. It happens, ... no one likes it but it does. Next week do the others fear going next to them???

I seem to remember Jim O shutting him up a couple of years ago. Maybe something like without AJ he wasn't squat or sumthin like that.
Not the soft spoken quiet Jim O? I don't see any assertiveness in that Oberhofer family--heck, just look at our beloved Suzie here on the mater!:D

Not the soft spoken quiet Jim O? I don't see any assertiveness in that Oberhofer family--heck, just look at our beloved Suzie here on the mater!:D

Suzie?? You mean that quiet soft spoken wall flower that never speaks up:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back