Rush (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
as long as we're talking about extremely talented
rock bands, Rush has been a favorite of mine for over 25 years.
there were many Rush heads & threads on the old mater.

Can't say I'm especially a Rush fan. But I have a friend who is. He calls Rush, "Heavy Metal for the Thinking Person".

Come to think of it, maybe that explains why I'm not especially a Rush fan.

:D

New CD in a few weeks... New tour this fall. CD done by the same Producer as the Foo Fighters, but with early (2112) sound/feel.. Looking forward to it!!

Oh, and by the way, look for a Zepplin tour this fall.... for real

Last edited:
Rush is one of the few groups that my wife will go with me to see. She usually doesn't say anything about who we are listening to on the radio, but when a Rush song comes on, she will say "There's Tom Sawyer/Limelight/etc." Hope they come to our area when on tour.

Murdock.

My wife has been with me twice of the 13 times I've seen the band, the last two times. If I'd met her sooner , she'd have seen them more....:)
Just to watch Neil she'd go ....I hope this new RUSH record is a good one.
There really isnt' a RUSH album since Signals that I like to listen to start to finish. I don't know if it's too much to ask that they make another 'Moving Pictures' at this stage of the game. Most bands seem to be like meteors to me. They have their creative niche, they mine it to the max, and then it's done. But, RUSH don't ever have to record another album as far as I'm concerned. Or they can do covers like the last one. Just keep touring every couple of years , and I'll be there. Their live shows just keep getting better and better as they age. Like a fine wine. They play the old stuff better today than they did 'back in the day'

Gotta wait till fall , eh? That's fine. I got another power trio to keep me stoked this sumner,er, summer :cool:

I love all thier stuff but my favorite's are 2112 and a farewell to kings, guess it just takes me back to my H/S daze, I once saw them at Chennell High School (Cleveland) in 197??? Before they were anything big. "well I get off at five o'clock and I can't seem to find an ice cold beer....always seem to be wonderin' why there's nothin' goin' down here.....well it seems to me I could live my life, better than I think I am...guess thats why they call me......the workin' man"

I'm sure damnyankee up there would agree with me when I say Neil Peart is the epitome of a drummer. What is cool is he is doing his best to share his secrets..educate anyone willing to learn, with books, videos, etc.

An example is here at DrummerWorld:

NEIL PEART

I've seen them 3 times and the highlight..for me..is always Neil's solo..which just keeps getting better everytime. I truly believe the guy sleeps next to his bass pedal.

I just dusted off my 'Permanent Waves' CD, and am playing it right now! Are there any better first two songs on a CD then "Spirit of Radio" and "Freewill"?

I'm sure damnyankee up there would agree with me when I say Neil Peart is the epitome of a drummer.
As far as I'm concerned he's the best drummer ever. There's a bunch of others that are incredible too but Neil is at the top of the pile.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back