Run of the Year (1 Viewer)

I still get goosebumps watching the Winged Express with the front end in the air past half track....unbelievable!!! Whitely's 5.17 is in another league from his peers. Very very hard to pick one run.
Dale

What Bales accomplished is one of the getting rarer occurances in modern drag racing. Take a passenger car off the street, mod the motor and unibody(chassis). Dial up 1100 horsepower from the stock block and head, and let go of the button and see what happens. I will vote for a guy with a wild idea and the guts to make it reality any day.

What Bales accomplished is one of the getting rarer occurances in modern drag racing. Take a passenger car off the street, mod the motor and unibody(chassis). Dial up 1100 horsepower from the stock block and head, and let go of the button and see what happens. I will vote for a guy with a wild idea and the guts to make it reality any day.

I never heard about this car so I had to do some surfing....

Nyce1s - Carey Bales Real Street Honda S2000 Wheelie @ Honda Day Atco 2K12!!! - YouTube

and here's that US Nats run:

Carey Bales SS/DX Honda S2000 - 7.92 @ 174 - US Nationals - YouTube

The greatest run of 2012 ..................Brandon beating Tony on a holeshot in the final , at the Finals denying Tony another championship, and ensuring the 2012 Top Fuel Champoinship for Brandons' Pal Antron.

That boys and girls was "the Run" for 2012!

so easy to pick. To go from a 5.243 best et ever (Shawn Cowie) for a blown car and improve to a 5.178 and a 3 mph improvement to 277.43. Possibly this biggest et and mph improvement for the top five classes in dragracing in the modern era (meaning the last 25 years)

Dean

the so called pros r expected 2 make the great runs,, they get paid, remember us alky guys r just sportmans/weekend racers,, we take our own personal money to race:eek:

The real "Run of the Year"

el General Jose Gonzalez runs 5.732/259.16 mph at the Street Car Supernationals VII

224955_10151295618058350_1855454739_n.jpg

Last edited:

Hey I take nothing away from Jim and Crew.......... but after Brandon struggled at the tree for the past several years, gave up some pretty big ones at the step, I think He should get credit for the holeshot win over The Sarge, I mean really how often does that even happen? Who ever goes up against Tony has they're hands full.

But yes the 5.17 was B**chin

Last edited:
I'm not trying to take an accomplishment away from anyone, but some of the runs mentioned are more personal in achievement and would be best fit for something like upset of the year, or race of the year.

When I first saw this thread, there were three runs that came to mind

Whiteley's 5.178 from the Finals
Antron's 3.701 at Reading
Fast Jack's 3.989 at Reading

Ultimately I chose Jim Whiteley's 5.17

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back