Run of the Year (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
I have platonic love for Phil and and his overworked band of writers and photographers, but I have to take them to task for the performance awards in the last issue. In particular, my vote for run of the year in ANY category HAS to go to Carey Bales and his SS/DX Honda S2000. 7.92 174mph at Indy in competition. Do a little research on this car and you will discover: a)how stock that car really is b)his brass is probably larger than T/F bike guys.

I have platonic love for Phil and and his overworked band of writers and photographers, but I have to take them to task for the performance awards in the last issue. In particular, my vote for run of the year in ANY category HAS to go to Carey Bales and his SS/DX Honda S2000. 7.92 174mph at Indy in competition. Do a little research on this car and you will discover: a)how stock that car really is b)his brass is probably larger than T/F bike guys.

Mark,

Bales 7-second Super Stock run did come up in our debate, as did John Clegg's 7.96 in SS/AM and Don Fezell's 8.95 in Stock (the first 8 second Stocker at a national event) but in the ned it was hard to ignore the "OMG" factor of Whitely's run. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

My top 5

Jim Whitely - 5.178 @ 277.43
Peter Svensson - 5.709 (Top Fuel Motorcycle)
Shawn Langdon - 3.712 @ 334.15
Antron Brown - 3.701
Doug Kalitta v David Grubnic side by side pass at Maple Grove.

Mark,

Bales 7-second Super Stock run did come up in our debate, as did John Clegg's 7.96 in SS/AM and Don Fezell's 8.95 in Stock (the first 8 second Stocker at a national event) but in the ned it was hard to ignore the "OMG" factor of Whitely's run. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

I was trying to remember Clegg's run, and I considered Fezell's, although, no number out of Fezell is all that surprising.

And while there were great Pro runs throughout the year, you perfectly stated why Whitely's run gets my vote.

Correction: 5.17 @ 277.

The speed was almost more jaw dropping than the et. And it has my vote as well.

And mine. Incredible what that BAD was able to do all year, but that run was about as good a cherry on top of a season anyone could ask for. It even made Norm Grimes smile. lol

I don't know if it was that high Joe. I would say 10,800
BM could probably give us some insight, right Uncle Bob

Dean

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back