rt 66 (1 Viewer)

I sure hope and pray that this track makes a huge comeback. The state of Illinois is largely to blame with their over the top restrictions during Covid for so long. This is a beautiful facility and it would be a shame to ever lose it. Wishing them all the very best.

I sure hope and pray that this track makes a huge comeback. The state of Illinois is largely to blame with their over the top restrictions during Covid for so long. This is a beautiful facility and it would be a shame to ever lose it. Wishing them all the very best.
The track not operating has to do with the owners (NASCAR), if it is not a Cup race they do not care, Look at the tracks they bought and closed, Nazareth, Pikes Peak, Iowa, ect. The dirt track at Route 66 did not close from what I have heard, it was leased to a second party, NASCAR wanted to close it but had to honor the lease. as for as Illinois, WWT (Gateway) is also in Illinois and it did not close down. Another thing that I heard about was they wanted to sell a large portion of land that the oval sits on and the city of Joliet really did not want a bunch of new warehouses their.

What NASCAR needs to do is sell Route 66 property to someone that will look after it properly.

That's not entirely true. In 2020, yes. Covid was a major factor, but not as much for the 2021 schedule. NASCAR was dropping the Chicagoland race regardless of Covid at the end of the 2020 season and at the latest 2021 to pursue other venues for their schedule. One of those venues is now 40 miles northeast of Joliet.

The track not operating has to do with the owners (NASCAR), if it is not a Cup race they do not care, Look at the tracks they bought and closed, Nazareth, Pikes Peak, Iowa, ect. The dirt track at Route 66 did not close from what I have heard, it was leased to a second party, NASCAR wanted to close it but had to honor the lease. as for as Illinois, WWT (Gateway) is also in Illinois and it did not close down. Another thing that I heard about was they wanted to sell a large portion of land that the oval sits on and the city of Joliet really did not want a bunch of new warehouses their.

What NASCAR needs to do is sell Route 66 property to someone that will look after it properly.
My friends are the ones who leased the dirt oval. And NASCAR is trying to break the lease they have for some reason ? That's why you haven't seen any events this year at the Dirt Oval. Battling in court unfortunately.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back