Ron Capps no crew chief yet! (1 Viewer)

john

Nitro Member
Just finished recording a podcast with Ron Capps for RPM2Night.com he says Medlin will be at the Palm Beach test, but DSR still hasn't assigned a crew chief for the NAPA car.

check out the podcast if you would. I'd appreciate it.

RPM2Night.com

correct me if i'm wrong on this..........(kind of off topic)
read the other day that arron brooks is back on troxel's car for 2011?
wonder if DSR made a play for him?

correct me if i'm wrong on this..........(kind of off topic)
read the other day that arron brooks is back on troxel's car for 2011?
wonder if DSR made a play for him?

Don't know. He's worked for DSR before.

Maybe the status of Ron Capps crew chief depednds on if Fast Jack is running full schedule or not.

if any of you have listened to the podcast i would appreciate some feedback. this is my first try at designing and hosting a website. it'll probably take a while before i get it fully functional and looking like a real website!

I'm curious to know also. :eek:

ptxm0.jpg

...and thank you John for that cool podcast! Much appreciated. I'll add your site to the ones I check out on a daily basis! Thanx again.

Last edited:
My understanding was that Brooks was already hooked up with Mel, and she was thrilled to have him back. However, I am a noob, so do with that what you will.......

Any chance Wayne Dupuis will crew for anyone this year? What is the
opinion on the board?
John

My understanding was that Brooks was already hooked up with Mel, and she was thrilled to have him back. However, I am a noob, so do with that what you will.......

Any chance Wayne Dupey will crew for anyone this year? What is the
opinion on the board?
John

I kinda had a feeling that he hurt his image after herbert and that whole issue. All I know of him was he was with Erbacher. But let the speculation begin, he was Johnny Gray's first fc crew chief so maybe he got him a job at dsr.

I had no idea brooks was let go from ajr but that's great for melanie. Alan Johnson and funny car operations never really seemed to get along except for that huge comback with the late great bruce sarver (another drag racer who's career ended before it should of, unfortunately his choice) after he took over scelzi's car.

Paul..... thanks for the feedback! Please let your friends know about the RPM2Night.com website. It took me several days to set it up, now I'm going to start working on the content.

should be a lot of fun. i'll be at 11 races this year and hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of NHRA content on the site.

It's my goal to make it like the rpm2night tv show, where it covers everything in racing.

John... Really great podcast and good idea for the website!

I look forward to reading a website that has an 'insider' perspective, and will do my best to spread the word.

I always give businesses feedback when they ask for it.

The interview with Capps was good. Ron was at the center of the drama for the F/C Championship and boy can I argue for both sides of that one! In the end, it was nice to see Force get it, as it completes his comeback from his serious injuries and also it was joyful to see Force NEVER GIVE UP and just keep going and going and fighting and fighting. Like Prudhomme said, Force is the only guy the fans still love even when he's been on top for so long.

Hagen is a young man with a lot more of life ahead of him. I hope he gets one soon. But after Capps does.

As far as the rest of the site goes, the type is too small and it needs a nice Youngblood type of masthead. a little more slickness, but don't go over center on that. It's got to have a fan friendly vibe. Not over-corporate.

Is there some tech out there that makes a phone interview sound better than "The Blimp", from Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica?

doing pr by posting on drag racing oriented internet message boards is nice. very warm and personable. Means a lot to know you are having a direct dialog with a guy you see regularly on TV.

It has got to be tough at times being an "establishment" type reporter that has to always consider corporate needs when practicing journalism. Us nobodies can criticize "the powers that be" with a lot more freedom on an internet board.

And I would have provided content to the NHRA/IRS thread but I'm still too emotionally distraught because Keith Olbermann's last show was yesterday!

<sniff>

-90% Jimmy

-jim

John, Thanks for the site and info. Wish you the best in this endeavor.
I always enjoyed your tv show and look forward to checking this out.

Enjoyed the podcast interview with Ron. I also like your "Larry King" style of asking direct questions, and then getting out of the way for the answers. I look forward to more! Also, I understand that the website is "Under Construction", but so far so good. Please don't get it so cluttered up that it looks like a chore to navigate through it. Simple and to the point!!/al

Jimmy, thanks for the feedback. I enlarged the font. It was a little small for me too. Like I said, it's still a work in progress, but I'm limited to my font package for right now. Doing everything with no budget! LOL.

Jimmy, thanks for the feedback. I enlarged the font. It was a little small for me too. Like I said, it's still a work in progress, but I'm limited to my font package for right now. Doing everything with no budget! LOL.

Got to start some where John... it is great so far since i liek all forms of motorsports.. but thanks a bunch for taking an active interest in Drag racing most of all....

got the site book marked....:D

Billy

When Medlin was tuning TP and Neff the car seemed to run better when he was absent. I'm guessing the car will remain a 6 or 7th place car.

ron said in the podcast that medlen would be with the car at the palm beach test, but he didn't know as of friday if john would remain in that post or work more with the development of the chassis. medlen has some ideas that they are trying out.

Paul..... thanks for the feedback! Please let your friends know about the RPM2Night.com website. It took me several days to set it up, now I'm going to start working on the content.

should be a lot of fun. i'll be at 11 races this year and hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of NHRA content on the site.

It's my goal to make it like the rpm2night tv show, where it covers everything in racing.

Great job John! Thanks for sharing. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back