Jack Beckman speaks out (1 Viewer)

Real nice interview, John, thank you.

I've always thought Jack Beckman is one of the most well-spoken and comfortable drivers out there in front of a TV camera and/or microphone. Extremely well spoken and articulate.

John - One of the things I really enjoy about your podcasts/interviews is that you ask good questions and then allow the interviewee the opprortunity to answer it the way they feel comfortable answering it. You rarely, if ever, attempt to steer the person in any particular direction - you simply let them answer openly and allow the answer to go wherever it leads.

ditto Thanks John ..great getting it from the "horses mouth ."

Keep up the great work you do for us .

Listening to that interview, I am reminded of what a great guy is Jack Beckman. The questions were excellent and his responses told us a great deal about the situation, his understanding of what is needed for success at his level of racing, and affirmed my respect for him and for Don Schumacher.
We have plenty to criticize, but we have things to cheer. as well. I put Jack Beckman and Don Schumacher in the "things to cheer about" category.
I first met Jack when he was an instructor at Frank Hawley's School in Pomona. Now he's a hotshot driver in Funny Car but, he's still the same guy.
I wish him well.
Cheers,
Ed

Last edited:
thanks for the nice comments. i never go into an interview with every question mapped out. i ask the first question then roll with the flow and see where it goes from there. and sometimes questions just kind of pop up in my head during an interview. LOL

thanks for the nice comments. i never go into an interview with every question mapped out. i ask the first question then roll with the flow and see where it goes from there. and sometimes questions just kind of pop up in my head during an interview. LOL
so John, whos your worst interview?

Real nice interview, John, thank you.

I've always thought Jack Beckman is one of the most well-spoken and comfortable drivers out there in front of a TV camera and/or microphone. Extremely well spoken and articulate.

John - One of the things I really enjoy about your podcasts/interviews is that you ask good questions and then allow the interviewee the opprortunity to answer it the way they feel comfortable answering it. You rarely, if ever, attempt to steer the person in any particular direction - you simply let them answer openly and allow the answer to go wherever it leads.

Imagine how much better our society would be if all reporters conducted themselves in this fashion. John keep up the good work!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back