Dixon gives Beckman slight advantage over Capps (1 Viewer)

Ron Capps and Tim Wilkerson are two guys who are on my "bucket list", I really hope to see both of them win a championship before I kick the bucket.

So I'm pulling for Capps.

Good bucket list, Paul... Two guys that really deserve to hoist the big trophy... I can't believe that if floppers have been contested since the late 60s, and World Championships have only been issued for the class for only 40 years, almost 30% of them have been won by JFR... Not that they didn't earn them, but think about all the competitors that never got the chance to be a World Champion in the class... Capps- been really close in some of the best rides in the business, and Wilk- well... Ya gotta give it to someone with that much heart that has run that hard over the years.

Tough class!

Thread title may be a little deceiving. Larry gave Jack a slight edge because of winning a championship and Rahn an edge for the same reason.........
Going to settle everything in Pomona. Should be legend.......wait for it........
DARY !!! ;)

Either one will be a deserving winner.
Glad to see it so close with both having a real chance at the title at the last race.

With the switching, scurrying that happened early on..it would be ironic for Jack to win wouldn't it??

Flip or coin for me..I'd be happy with either.

There was a time when back to back DSR Funny Car titles would be unheard of.

I'll have to go against Larry here. Give me the blue and yellow Dodge by 39pts in the final tally!

It will be hard to bet against Tobler and Ron and that's what my gut is telling me. Either way, I am happy with the Champ coming from DSR. They prove once again it doesn't mean squat if you go on a tear and win a bunch of races at the beginning of the year, it only matters who is hot at the end of the year.

valvoline nextgen NOT on jack's car in vegas IMO means some of these sponsors
see little or no value in nhra's playoff system.
they see 23 individual races in 23 individual markets.
their car (for most of the year) is in the limelight rite now yet they chose
not to be a major in vegas?.....maybe pomona?

valvoline nextgen NOT on jack's car in vegas IMO means some of these sponsors
see little or no value in nhra's playoff system.
they see 23 individual races in 23 individual markets.
their car (for most of the year) is in the limelight rite now yet they chose
not to be a major in vegas?.....maybe pomona?

More than likely they picked which races they wanted at the beginning of the year. They also weren't on the car in Reading.

I like it when someone that has raced and raced and raced wins one....so I'm with a lot of folks....I like both drivers, but my personal fav is Big Ron Cappy and the Rahnettes

it doesn't mean squat if you go on a tear and win a bunch of races at the beginning of the year, it only matters who is hot at the end of the year.

I know....I can't help myself....I see the dead horse, and I want to beat him....the above is EXACTLY why the countdown sucks....a national event is a national event....unless it's before Indy....then it's a pseudonational event.

I know....I can't help myself....I see the dead horse, and I want to beat him....the above is EXACTLY why the countdown sucks....a national event is a national event....unless it's before Indy....then it's a pseudonational event.

It is no different than the stick and ball sports, whoever gets hot at the end wins the championship. Look at the Giants and Cardinals the last 2 years in the World Series.

"RUMOR" has it that Fast Jack has not signed a major sponsor for next year and may not have a ride. This year may be his best chance unless something changes. Hope that's not correct.

Yeah but Fast Jack drives for DSR. The Don seems to be able to find sponsors when nobody else can!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back