Rockingham (1 Viewer)

But the forecast looks good for the weekend - sunny or partly sunny, temps in the high sixties and low seventies. The current rain is supposed to be out of here by tomorrow morning.

Racers in the parking lot on Tuesday? Parking starts tomorrow? Starting to sound a little like that old IHRa track... what was the name.... walk something... yeah, Norwalk.:)

I say look for another record setting weekend in participants, crowds and world records... but what do I know.

There were only three when I got here Monday afternoon, now there are around 25 (I'm not going to go out in the rain to get an accurate count), including several that were parked inside the fence until today, the Aruba Pro Stock Team among them.

Parking starts at 3 pm Wednesday.

Finals on Monday?

I just read that they are going to finish running the finals on Monday morning at 9am.

Rain delayed the start Sunday until just before 5 p.m., got one round of all pro classes, plus all three rounds of the Summit Super Series and second round in Hot Rod, Stock, and Quick Rod finished. Ran second round for Pro Stock, Pro Mod and Alcohol Floppers, then back into Top Dragster. Had to stop around 8:15 for a Top Dragster accident, by 8:30 dew was starting to gather out of the groove and they pulled the plug for tonight. Right now (11 p.m.) the fog is so heavy I am glad I don't have to drive anywhere.

Don't think the dew was a factor in the accident, had record or near-record times in Pro Stock and Pro Mod just minutes before, but once we stopped running cars the track cooled quickly.

On the positive side, the cool air was good enough for Josh Hernandez to get the five-second-run in Pro Mod that we've been looking for all year and all but the Nitro Funny car title have been decided.

Will restart at 9 a.m. if the fog lifts by then, may have to wait for sunshine to dry things out a bit. So Creasy and Wyatt will have to sweat it out a few more hours.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back