Rockey Keyes dies at Houston Raceway Park (1 Viewer)

Very sad news from what I read on the this thread he was a really cool guy!
My heart goes out to his family and friends.

I didn't know Rockey, but this shows it can happen to any of us. He was in the Navy and had been racing for 30 years. I guess it comes down to when we are strapped in, there is only so much we have control over, but for the most part, we are just along for the ride. Parts can and do fail and sometimes it's a part that takes that control out of our hands.

God bless Rockey, his family and friends,

For those wanting to know, here are the funeral arrangements:

The funeral for Rockey Keyes will be held Friday August 11th at 7:00 p.m. at the Crespo Funeral Home located at 4136 Broadway St. Houston, TX 77087. The phone number to Crespo Funeral Home is 713-644-3831. The website to the funeral home is crespofunerals.com. Viewing will be from 5pm to 9pm with a memorial service at 7.

In lieu of flowers the family request that donations be made to DRAW or RFC in the name of Rockey.

No, this is not a common occurance. The owner stated on the news that this is the first fatality in 19 years. You may be thinking of the gentleman who died at Houston MOTORSPORTS Park earlier this year. They are 2 different tracks. Houston Raceway Park is where the NHRA National Event is at in the Spring.

No Amanda, HRP doesnt have that many accidents really and this was the first death. As Kelly stated, HMP had a wreck that killed a man this past January but this was HRP's first death. The Texas Motorplex in Dallas has been commonly referred to around here as the Murderplex for years b/c many people have lost there life there though.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back