Rockey Keyes dies at Houston Raceway Park (1 Viewer)

Is that the Loomis Fargo Roadster? :confused:

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.

So sorry to hear this. I watched him race a few times at HRP. His family and friends are in my thoughts. RIP Rocky. :(

We were there today. Very bad deal & bad accident. Out thoughts and prayers are with his family & friends. Check the Houston Raceway Park Message Board for updates soon. I’m sure they will post services announcement and things when they are known. I think pretty much everyone there is still kinda in shock over it all. I know I am. :(

rockeykeyes_std.jpg

2005-03-26 - Rockey_Keyes_sm.JPG

Did they find out what happened to cause the accident?

The car was a rare car to see racing in SC.

Many thoughts and prayers go out to Rockey's family & friends... may he rest in peace.
So sorry to hear this news.:(

Oh man, so sorry to hear this.....My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.....

My friend

Rocky was a personal friend. I met him about three years ago as a member of a close group of about 5 super racers that hang out together at the track and we have lunch about once a month. Rocky was one of the funniest people I've ever met and was a great storyteller.

As I was told this morning there was a puff of smoke prior to the loss of control. The car impacted the wall hard on the driver's side and is in the possession of Harris County at this time.

Thanks my friend for the laughs and encouragment with my photography. I'll miss you and God's speed.:eek:

rocky2.jpg

rocky1.jpg

What a tragedy. No matter how safe we builld these things you just never know. Small consolation but he went out doing what he loved. All our best to his family and friends.

Sad, sad news. Rocky was one of the nicest racers I ever met. He did everything his own way never giving into convention (small block Ford in a left-steer roadster in the 8.90 class) and truly had fun no matter the outcome of a race. We always had a laugh or two together when I still ran S/C with my Ford-powered dragster...about how outnumbered we were.

Our thoughts and condolences to his entire family...including his extended racing family. He'll be missed.

League Family Racing would like to send our condolences to the Keyes family at this time. Though I personally did not know Rocky my family has raced with him for many years and I have seen him numerous times. Godspeed Rocky.

Justin

we heard the news at 131 today , god speed rock , he was on lots of the racers minds in the sportsman pits . thoughts and prayers to his family and friends

Thought I would share this with those who may not check HRP's message board.

This is the pic taken by Scott Singleton, HRP's Announcer & Track Photographer, yesterday on Rockey's last pass.

DSC_0012.JPG

God Speed Mr. Keyes

In today's Baytown Sun it is reported that the preliminary autopsy report said that Rockey died of severe head injuries.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

RIP Rockey

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back