Riverside Motorsports Park..... (1 Viewer)

noise isn't a valid argument

an interesting aside about the complaint of excessive noise that a raceway would cause in the area. For decades, countless B-52 bombers and KC-135 tankers flew in and out of Castle AFB which is in Atwater, CA (next to Merced). I spent 4 years at the base in the 1980's as a B-52 crew chief and can attest that a fully loaded B-52 taking off with water injection is much louder over a wider area than 2 Top Fuel cars making a full pass.

I can understand that Myra Vasquez may not want a race track in the area for whatever reason she may have, but citing the noise issue and how it will damage the hearing of area residents is a bit disingenuous .

I just learned that while they got the vote, now the opposition has 30 days to file lawsuits challenging the decision

should be interesting...

an interesting aside about the complaint of excessive noise that a raceway would cause in the area. For decades, countless B-52 bombers and KC-135 tankers flew in and out of Castle AFB which is in Atwater, CA (next to Merced). I spent 4 years at the base in the 1980's as a B-52 crew chief and can attest that a fully loaded B-52 taking off with water injection is much louder over a wider area than 2 Top Fuel cars making a full pass.

I can understand that Myra Vasquez may not want a race track in the area for whatever reason she may have, but citing the noise issue and how it will damage the hearing of area residents is a bit disingenuous .

I agree on that, At Las Vegas when red flag is on the noise of the jets taking off overpowers the noise from the strip when you are sitting in the stands.

I've seen this kind of thing before. A 100 years ago I used to race motorcycles in the high desert of California AMA district 37. We were pushed out of many places for environmental reasons including the ever popular noise, dust and conservation. Much of the land we used to race on is now covered with houses, shopping malls and the like. It's not if the land is being used, it's how the land is being used.

Last edited:

At the meeting this was brought up by both sides.The response from the land owners was that the B52s are here to protect us and they understood they could do nothing about it.The pollution issues were kind of funny as they moaned about the possible extra pollution that the track will bring in in large events slated for 8 times a year and they would turn right around and talk about their machinery and 1400 truck loads through the farm roads a day and don't forget the pesticides. The one big mistake I saw the land owners do was basicly yell at and bad mouth the board.That looked like it was earning brownie points.

"I always look to Greg when something needs to be said properly and a point made professionally with facts to back them up. Greg is the best at it I know of anywhere."

No truer words have been spoken about Greg Stanley. We need more racers like him.

Rich Bailey
www.capracing.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back